5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unused buttons next to hazard button

RammaJamma2

Reaction score
The buttons on each side of the hazard button above the uconnect screen are unused. Is there any way to use or convert these into switches for a light bar or other mods that may need a switch? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2020 Ram Rebel Ecodiesel, uconnect 12

HawkUH60

Reaction score
I'd love to know the same. I see where in other models the buttons are used for other features. Looking at the 4gen Rams website I see where 1500s were retro fitted with Auxiliary switches. I don't see why we can't do the same with 5gen Rams. Looks like you need the switches, vehicle interface and the auxiliary wired that you plug into under the hood. The only thing I am not sure about is how you make it all work together. When I asked a tech at my dealership he seemed annoyed at my question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210217-211647.png
    Screenshot_20210217-211647.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 304

Hbboarder

Reaction score
Did anyone find a solution to this ? Only looking to add two sets of lights so these two spots would be perfect

HawkUH60

Reaction score
I was looking at salvage parts online thinking I could buy a 3500 screen and swap the buttons. I can't tell exactly from the online pics but the back of the screen has a metal base. I can't tell if it will come apart easily or not in order to switch the buttons.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those switches can't be used for another function as they are going thru the BCM. Park assist can be added, also lane departure can be added, but very pricy.

Users who are viewing this thread