5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnect 8.4 on my 21 Rebel - How does it update and how can I stop it updating?

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread regarding the recent updates. I just bought this truck Dec 30th. I'm kind of an odd duck in the sense that I am severely apprehensive about software updates on certain devices. It always seems to muck stuff up!

For example I have never updated my iPhone 6s plus. Still on ios 10.3 I do this because it works perfectly and if I updated I would lose software that is vital to me that won't work in later ios. I also don't go to dodgy sites or open dodgy email text etc and never download any new software. Battery still lasts me 3 days.

That brings me to my Rebel with the 8.4 uconnect. I'm seeing a lot owners with major problems with the new update. My truck works PERFECTLY right now and I'm not wanting the software to update. I love carplay and don't want it broken etc etc.

So am I correct in that my Rebel will automagically download the update?
Can I stop it from downloading?
Can I stop it from updating?
Maybe there is a cellular antennae I can disconnect?

I am not concerned with losing radio and xm station presets or settings or anything like that. (I actually haven't even saved any yet) :LOL: I just want to keep it EXACTLY how I bought it.

Thx Much

SpookyWatcher

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have uconnect 8.4 Nav, or uconnect 8.4? Only the systems with nav will do OTA updates. I specifically wanted a non-nav system for just that reason.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
I do not have the Nav system. Outstanding News that mine will not automagically update!

Thank You Very Much!

Spooky

Users who are viewing this thread