5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect voice commands only work with Android Auto or Carplay

SamSays

Reaction score
I traded a 2019 Bighorn Classic for a 2022 Bighorn with Uconnect 5. The 2022 has the 8.4" non-nav radio. When I press the VR button on the steering wheel, I get a message saying I have to connect an Apple Carplay or Android Auto device to use voice commands. Voice commands then use Google assistant to perform phone functions. My old truck used voice commands to control other functions as well as controlling the phone over bluetooth only. There were menu settings for controlling the voice commands. The newer truck has no menu options for voice.
Did Ram remove this functionality on the newer trucks or is my Uconnect system broken? I stumbled across a Jeep forum where two people said fully-functional VR is only available on nav-ready radios. Can someone please confirm or deny this?

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to my owners manual Uconnect voice commands are only available on radios with Nav.

Untitled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread