5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Updates

Da’mon

Reaction score
I have finally gotten over the air update for U connect. But I believe this is still an old Version. Car now says 20.01.10 on my 2019 Limited.
Ram says it needs to be updated again should say the latest version . But how what is it ? The Dealer couldn’t even figure it out. They kept saying my radio was up-to-date and it wasn’t. Just got the update today. Two years later just left the shop a month ago. Please help

ram813ltd

Reaction score
i am not aware that ram uconnect does OTA updates except to fix a glitch in a particular vehicle. normally updates are only by USB

coldmist

Reaction score
My 2019 has only ever gotten one update it's whole life (via USB), and it's in a software/hardware combination that nobody can/will update. (Yes, I've checked with 'here' the makers of the software. So it's stuck at some 18.x version for life. (I bought one of the map updates, and it wouldn't finish updating, and never will.)

Ram813ltd, yes, many people get the software upgrades OTA. For the whole software stack. Some get it, some don't. Nobody ever really figured out the rhyme or reason. Some speculated you had to have an active Sirius Guardian plan, but never confirmed.

DennisY

Reaction score
I have finally gotten over the air update for U connect. But I believe this is still an old Version. Car now says 20.01.10 on my 2019 Limited.
Ram says it needs to be updated again should say the latest version . But how what is it ? The Dealer couldn’t even figure it out. They kept saying my radio was up-to-date and it wasn’t. Just got the update today. Two years later just left the shop a month ago. Please help

If you are talking about map updates, those are not done OTA. If you are talking about firmware updates, yes, those are done OTA.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I saw a message yesterday in the lower left corner of my screen, but I don't recall exactly what it said but I think it could have been updating something? It wasn't there very long and it didn't reboot or anything. I wish I could remember what it said. It seemed cryptic though.

Users who are viewing this thread