5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Update Help

Guitarpro1992

Reaction score
HI All, I just picked up a brand new left over 2019 Ram Big Horn. Got a great deal on it and love it. I am trying to update the Uconnect version. Mine says 11.46.1. I know this is well out of date but when I go on uconnects website, it says my vehicle is up to date. I am having some slight bluetooth issues and thought an update would resolve. Is there somewhere else I can go to download the latest update?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome , you’ll more than likely get a prompt to update OTA , the only other option is the dealer .

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also have the 11.46.1 version, 8.4 non-nav, website says it is the most current...:unsure:

Rick8325

Reaction score
Over-the-Air updates are for Navigation units only right? I remember in previous Rams when I was able to download it onto a thumb drive and update it myself.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over-the-Air updates are for Navigation units only right? I remember in previous Rams when I was able to download it onto a thumb drive and update it myself.
I thought that was an option too. uConnect has yet to publish an update for my 8.4" NAV since I bought my truck (19 months ago) so I have not been able to test that theory out. :cautious:

bcso0416

Reaction score
New to the forum and glad it's available! I just purchased a 2020 1500 Big Horn that has the 8.4 system. It does not have the NAV activated (an additional $445 on sale currently) and with the car play the phone maps work great with both of my phones, one I-phone and one Android. I also have a Garmin Diesel GPS from the 2500 I traded in if I need it. The question here is how to you check the U Connect version. From the above discussions it seems that unless the NAV is activated you don't get U Connect or updates, not that I need it. There is a U connect Icon that doesn't do anything. I have the Ram owners account with the new truck listed, but there's no link to U Connect. After contacting them by e-mail they replied for me to create a Mopar owners account and list the new truck on it and everything else is automatic. Not sure what that means as no instructions were given as how to check the version or update, so I guess the Mopar owners site will monitor that, who knows. As far as I know everything is working like it's suppose to and I don't have any issues other than not knowing much about the U Connect stuff and whether I need it anyway. Thanks for your time for listening and any responses.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got to Mopar.com and create your owner’s account. That’s your “link” to your truck’s services.

To check for a uConnect update go to www.driveuconnect.com and enter your VIN to find out if there’s an update.

To check your version press the far left and far right menu buttons at the same time on your screen (bottom row on the screen) for about 10 seconds and you enter dealer mode. From there you can check your software version (among other things).

Last edited:

bcso0416

Reaction score
I already had the owners account before I contacted U connect. They didn't offer much help and the e-mail sent was one, that no reply could be made. I will give the drive u connect and menu buttons a try. Thanks for your time and info.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine has updated OTA three or four times since I've bought it. Never had an issue.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I having the same problem dealership tried 6 times unable to get it to install download. anyone know where you can download the file to usb

Users who are viewing this thread