5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uconnect troubles

bill

Reaction score
I was hoping to give some good advise instead of still looking for some. I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn with uconnect 8.4c no-navi. I am trying to install navi with 12.1 display. Bought new module #68307655AD from Factoryradioparts. Supposed to work on 8.4 and 12.1. Bought 12.1 display from craigslist. I installed the new module and plugged up display as per wire connector colors. Turned on and nothing happened. Read some more info in forum and found i needed an LVDS cable. I looked all over America and finally found one. Got it today. (SO EXCITED) Put the muti-media module and 12.1 display back in. Turned on and the emergency flashers came on and would not turn off. A gain. Not really because still no screen. Module came with code but can't put it in with no screen. I would appreciate if anyone is having any good luck at this yet to please let me know. Thanks so much.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a whole thread (I'll try to find it) and they have not gotten very far either... from what they have been saying there, the two modules are different.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think coding with the Witech will be needed to finish off the project. Most modules are vin specific. I have yet had a chance to mess with it on my truck. New modules should be no problem. My worry would be a already installed one and not be able to re vin it to the new truck. Very interested how this ends.

bill

Reaction score
I would think coding with the Witech will be needed to finish off the project. Most modules are vin specific. I have yet had a chance to mess with it on my truck. New modules should be no problem. My worry would be a already installed one and not be able to re vin it to the new truck. Very interested how this ends.
Thats what im thinking. They advertise this module i have to work on both. I am going to do a hard computer reset in the morning. Will update if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread