5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Theatre on 5th Gen RAMs?

Dominator211

Reaction score
So I understand this may seem like a stupid thread but honestly I think this would be such a cool feature to have in a RAM. I have done some research into this and found that it will most likely require a specific Uconnect 8.4. By that, I mean a specific system from a Jeep, Dodge, or a Chrysler as it may have the physical connector in the back required to go to DVD/Blu Ray player and screens. Getting this screen to fit may also be a hit or miss as I have read different cars have different ways to mount the screen. This is also half the battle. The other half is the Uconnect Software itself and this is pure speculation but I think the way FCA does it is with different "Images" with all the software/drivers needed for each type of vehicle. I am guessing there are at least 4 images based on a "Base image. One for Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM there may be more images but at least for the 8.4 inches, There could be many more than this as this is just speculation on my part. That would be the worst-case scenario best case scenario is its just a feature that is locked within the software and can be unlocked. The reason I am only referencing the 8.4 Screen is that that's the only screen designed to work with UConnect theatre. please let me know any other logistics I missed and let's just have a discussion.

Dominator211

Reaction score
Any updates to your build?
So I have looked around on and off and I have found the actual Blu Ray player on sale for about $760 which is hefty, to say the least, but psychically looking at the opening in the 2019 ram interior for the cd player looks to be about the same as the DVD player. It seems like the picture of the blu ray drive mount goes quite a bit to the left and I'm not sure if it would fit. As you can see there are also two other plugs and I am not sure of their uses. I also do not have a truck to tear apart and test things as of yet. This is purely for those curious. If anyone knows what those two plugs are that would be great!

Attachments

• f06029e8975ccbc58759b1c6d4984467.JPG
    f06029e8975ccbc58759b1c6d4984467.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 27
  • maxresdefault (1)_LI.jpg
    maxresdefault (1)_LI.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2dc5a6f520ae5d8aff60d82c2c18d9bc.JPG
    2dc5a6f520ae5d8aff60d82c2c18d9bc.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread