5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect / SXM transfer (8.4 to 12.1 upgrade)

elpapi

Reaction score
Hey!
I’m hoping a tech or someone familiar with these systems can answer my question.
I have just purchased a 12.1 screen and module from an auto wrecker,
I’m upgrading from a 8.4 with nav.
I’m wondering does the SXM and Uconnect SOS/Asisst go through the trucks VIN in the BCM or the media module? If it does go through the Media module do I just go and get the VIN from the truck the parts came out of from at the wrecker I purchased them at? I assume if I did go through the media module it would think my truck was a completely different truck.
Thanks in advance

theRamguy

Reaction score
I actually did this in my 19 ram. They (SiriusXM guardian) will need the ICCID, IMEI, and radio ID. it took them about a week to get things transferred. I did have an active subscription when I did this so they were more than happy when I explained that I had got a new radio.

The transfer is based on the radio module. It has a virtual SIM card on the physical hardware, so for SiriusXM and ATT to activate i needed to share the above info.

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
I actually did this in my 19 ram. They (SiriusXM guardian) will need the ICCID, IMEI, and radio ID. it took them about a week to get things transferred. I did have an active subscription when I did this so they were more than happy when I explained that I had got a new radio.

The transfer is based on the radio module. It has a virtual SIM card on the physical hardware, so for SiriusXM and ATT to activate i needed to share the above info.

I think my 12in was replaced before I bought the truck because I have miss match numbers with AT&T and Radio's ID"s with Sirius. Every time I call and explain this, they tell me to go to the dealer and the dealer needs to open a STARR case. Honestly, I might try and call them for the 10th time and tell them I personally replaced the radio haha

theRamguy

Reaction score
I think my 12in was replaced before I bought the truck because I have miss match numbers with AT&T and Radio's ID"s with Sirius. Every time I call and explain this, they tell me to go to the dealer and the dealer needs to open a STARR case. Honestly, I might try and call them for the 10th time and tell them I personally replaced the radio haha
I told them I replaced my radio with these parts. They did the star case and moved everything to my vin

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
I just left the dealer for other issues, and told them about the radio. And now when I go to the Active Services app, it shows "Activation in progress" or something similar now. So hopefully after waiting a few it will finally all work.

Users who are viewing this thread