5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect states that there is a "Hardware Issue" with the 12" UAX radio.

LV426

Reaction score
Just putting this out there for others with ongoing problems with this radio or who are just generally dissatisfied with its performance and lack of functions. I decided to create a new thread, I was originally discussing this in another thread regarding Vehicle Health Reports showing up randomly within the last few weeks on 2021 Ram's.

I believe if there is a known HW issue with this unit, they need to come up with a solution or replace them. Who knows what other problems or loss of functionality can arise in the future if the problem is not resolved. Uconnect support is also pretty damn horrible with providing any details so I'll use my spare time to dig as much out of them as I can. It would probably be helpful some others can provide some details regarding this. I'm an IT guy and a tech enthusiast so I went out of my way to get the truck with this specific radio, now I'm regretful after discovering all these issues and lack of functions.

From what I've discovered online, the UAX radio is in the 19, 20 & 21 so i'm interested as to what would cause it to not work in the 19's and 20's. Id also like to know the extent of the hardware Issue which Uconnect support mentions.

Attachments

• VHR (1).PNG
    VHR (1).PNG
    167 KB · Views: 67
  • uconnect 1.PNG
    uconnect 1.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 65
  • uconnect2.PNG
    uconnect2.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 65

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I owned the 8.4 w/Nav for 5+ years and now going on a year with the 12"w/nav. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy the 12". In my opinion it performs well, I love the built in Pandora and could really care less about the VHR info since I see it every time I get behind the wheel. The only option I wish I still had was the ability to Send and Go from my Mopar.com account on my PC but I certainly wouldn't give up my 12" screen for that.

Maybe they put more memory in the 21's but I think that you're paddling upstream if you think that they are going to fix or retrofit this.

LV426

Reaction score
I owned the 8.4 w/Nav for 5+ years and now going on a year with the 12"w/nav. If I had to do it all over again I would still buy the 12". In my opinion it performs well, I love the built in Pandora and could really care less about the VHR info since I see it every time I get behind the wheel. The only option I wish I still had was the ability to Send and Go from my Mopar.com account on my PC but I certainly wouldn't give up my 12" screen for that.

Maybe they put more memory in the 21's but I think that you're paddling upstream if you think that they are going to fix or retrofit this.
Its nightmare issue like this guys that make it worthwhile to get these guys to support/fix their products.
( https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/12-0-gps-navigation-location-wrong.29848/post-484307)

"The tech told me that he has been getting an exceptional amount of complaints across all cars that have the Uconnect system, with navigation issues, malfunctioning, slow usage, backup camera issues, etc"

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 but no VHR showing up as of yet. I wonder if it's a slow roll out? I mean, I'm not particularly missing it, I'm just more curious as to why only some get it and most don't. As for the GPS issues others have reported, I don't use the built in and have been navigating with Android Auto for 4 years now.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, I bought my 21 a few weeks ago and the VHR was on the app from day one. After I signed on the dotted line they had me download the app and they gave me a "tutorial" and it was there from day one.

LV426

Reaction score
Just to be clear, It's not just the lack VHR's that I'm worried about, i'll get by without them... What bothers me is the complete lack of support and lack of details from Uconnect across the board. I think I've read just about every complaint/issue/nightmare scenario in this forum and others and they really have a lack of support problem.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If I start having problems with it I'll deal with it then. Until then I'm going to enjoy the new truck and its tons of new to me feature's. Technology has come a very long way but as with anything sh!t still happens and nothing will last forever. There will be problems that pop up for you that others wont experience and vice versa. That's the reason for warranties. Whether you get frustrated enough with it and trade for a different brand of vehicle they too will have their own set of problems. It's just the nature of the beast. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread