5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Software Update

zperry89

Reaction score
Has anyone been prompted to do the over-the-air Uconnect software update yet? I got an email over a week ago stating I had an update and it would prompt me on the screen to do it at startup. My truck was at the dealership at the time for a recall and issues with the Apple car play and USB ports not working for media but they couldn’t fix it. I pushed the Assist button in the truck and spoke with the Uconnect care and they stated they send the software update region by region and I would have to wait until it reaches my region to do the update and that it would most likely fix the issues I’m having with the Apple car play. Just curious if anyone has had the same issues and if anyone has successfully done the over-the-air update. I’ve attached a picture of the email.

Attachments

• FB04F5E7-CEFA-4434-BFE2-954463370A95.jpeg
    FB04F5E7-CEFA-4434-BFE2-954463370A95.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

J33P

Reaction score
My radio version on my 2019 is still from 2017. I would LOVE an update. There has to be a way to get the file and do it manually. The driveuconnect website says there is no update. I call BS.

zperry89

Reaction score
My radio version on my 2019 is still from 2017. I would LOVE an update. There has to be a way to get the file and do it manually. The driveuconnect website says there is no update. I call BS.

Yea when I spoke with Uconnect assist on the phone they said you can go to DriveUconnect.com and put your vin in and you can download the update manually instead of waiting to do it over-the-air but mine also says there’s no update available, yet I got an email saying there was.

zperry89

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced that your radio stations on XM have reset for no reason?

Yes and my Apple Car Play hasn’t worked in months. Also when I plug in my phone through the USB it will charge but won’t play any media. My phone recognizes the Uconnect in the Apple Car Play in settings but won’t come up on the screen. I was lead to believe the update will fix all these issues yet the update won’t come up and the website says there is no update for my truck.

chevellein

Reaction score
Has anyone been prompted to do the over-the-air Uconnect software update yet? I got an email over a week ago stating I had an update and it would prompt me on the screen to do it at startup. My truck was at the dealership at the time for a recall and issues with the Apple car play and USB ports not working for media but they couldn’t fix it. I pushed the Assist button in the truck and spoke with the Uconnect care and they stated they send the software update region by region and I would have to wait until it reaches my region to do the update and that it would most likely fix the issues I’m having with the Apple car play. Just curious if anyone has had the same issues and if anyone has successfully done the over-the-air update. I’ve attached a picture of the email.

I too received the same email...my email came on July 10th. I have not received an update yet. Also, when I punch in my vin it shows I'm up to date. I'm hoping it fixes my phone connection. It connects every time, but you can hardly tell what the other person is saying. Does it with any phone...dealer had no answer. They're hoping an update fixes it as well. fingers crossed.

kittyjo

Reaction score
How do u check the software update from dealer that they said they did?

Bradleys

Reaction score
Yes and my Apple Car Play hasn’t worked in months. Also when I plug in my phone through the USB it will charge but won’t play any media. My phone recognizes the Uconnect in the Apple Car Play in settings but won’t come up on the screen. I was lead to believe the update will fix all these issues yet the update won’t come up and the website says there is no update for my truck.

Sounds like your cable isn’t keeping up with the data stream. Have you tried a stock apple cable? Aftermarket cables can be wonky.

zperry89

Reaction score
Sounds like your cable isn’t keeping up with the data stream. Have you tried a stock apple cable? Aftermarket cables can be wonky.

I use only Apple cables so that’s can’t be the issue. I was so happy on Monday when I got into my truck and plugged in my phone and the Apple car play was working for the first time in months. It was the updated Apple car play so I was thinking my truck somehow did the update by itself but I guess I was wrong. It was short lived and the Apple car play was back to not working again today.

Users who are viewing this thread