5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect showing software update failed re-insert usb device..

RebelMoon777

Reaction score
Battery went bad so installed new one and now have none working uconnect that flashes same message over and over. " software update failed re-insert usb device"
I do have Manual control over hvac but nothing on screen other than message. This truck was working flawless until battery died . Does anyone have any ideas I've been looking till my eyes are blurry for info on what could have happened.. I've tried disconnecting the new battery for 20 minutes to no avail.. I also got an engine light that I'm being told can be reset easily or will just go out on its own in a few cycles or from mileage.. one last thing I now have what I believe is a flashing small light for security system possibly in upper right of cluster that was never there before.. and yes I'm scratching my head trying to figure that one out as well..

Arth

Reaction score
Battery went bad so installed new one and now have none working uconnect that flashes same message over and over. " software update failed re-insert usb device"
I do have Manual control over hvac but nothing on screen other than message. This truck was working flawless until battery died . Does anyone have any ideas I've been looking till my eyes are blurry for info on what could have happened.. I've tried disconnecting the new battery for 20 minutes to no avail.. I also got an engine light that I'm being told can be reset easily or will just go out on its own in a few cycles or from mileage.. one last thing I now have what I believe is a flashing small light for security system possibly in upper right of cluster that was never there before.. and yes I'm scratching my head trying to figure that one out as well..

I didn't have the entire radio giving that issue but it was limited to the navigation. For me I had to download the navigation software onto a USB and force the update. Once it took everything was fine.

I don't know if you're able but I have to do a factory reset before I played with the usb.

RebelMoon777

Reaction score
from what ive found since yesterday i'm being told that i'm stuck in an update loop which also in most cases the dealer will tell me that i need a new infotainment system. i've seen cases that talked about a usb that i would have to format but the real issue is my lack of all things computer lol.. i'm an old guy who has never done anything to do with memory sticks other than someone handing me one and plugging it in.. i really appreciate your help and i'm going to try and find if there is a way to put it to a factory reset or if i can find someone who can put the required info on a usb stick and i would pay them.. if you have any info on factory reset it would be greatly appreciated and thanks again.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't have the entire radio giving that issue but it was limited to the navigation. For me I had to download the navigation software onto a USB and force the update. Once it took everything was fine.

I don't know if you're able but I have to do a factory reset before I played with the usb.
Assuming OP posted in the correct section they have UC4 not UC5 which is a completely different beast. Your 2023 has UC5

Arth

Reaction score
Assuming OP posted in the correct section they have UC4 not UC5 which is a completely different beast. Your 2023 has UC5

You're correct about the difference from UC5 to UC4. That being said the update issue is the same. I had an update stall out and the only fix was to download it onto a USB and do it manually. That sounds like what needs to happen here. I don't have a source for the UC4 latest software update.

Users who are viewing this thread