5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Navigation Favorites

DocDiRyder

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Uconnect will not retain navigation favorites including "Home." Dealer says there will be an "update" coming out in the future sometime which will fix it. Also dropping cellular calls (not related to poor signal) and the Sirius presets froze up for awhile but later returned to function. Anyone else having these problems?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t had any problems with mine as of yet . Another member just posted that they got an update over the air and his 12 inch has been working flawless now .

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Uconnect will not retain navigation favorites including "Home." Dealer says there will be an "update" coming out in the future sometime which will fix it. Also dropping cellular calls (not related to poor signal) and the Sirius presets froze up for awhile but later returned to function. Anyone else having these problems?

SEARCH THE FORUM AND YOU’LL SEE 100s OF POSTS

DocDiRyder

Reaction score
SEARCH THE FORUM AND YOU’LL SEE 100s OF POSTS
Thank you for your helpful comment. I have done just that and there doesn't seem to be a plethora of issues quite like this. Most seem to be related to entertainment system presets.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I have only added a few favorites so far and they all worked fine

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the negative terminal of your battery? This seems to clear a lot of problems. It is harmless to your vehicle. I have done it twice to reset a CEL (different story) and attempt to get android auto to work (different story). Do this somewhere where your sharkfin is exposed to the sky. Just disconnect the negative terminal. Leave disconnected for 30 minutes. This will pretty much soft reset your radio. Then reconnect and <optional> wait another 30 minutes before turning the vehicle back on. I say optional because it takes a bit of time for your system to reload some things. Like backup camera, sirius presets, some Controls functions. This may or may not fix your issues. Worth a try, like I said it is harmless otherwise.

DocDiRyder

Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the negative terminal of your battery? This seems to clear a lot of problems. It is harmless to your vehicle. I have done it twice to reset a CEL (different story) and attempt to get android auto to work (different story). Do this somewhere where your sharkfin is exposed to the sky. Just disconnect the negative terminal. Leave disconnected for 30 minutes. This will pretty much soft reset your radio. Then reconnect and <optional> wait another 30 minutes before turning the vehicle back on. I say optional because it takes a bit of time for your system to reload some things. Like backup camera, sirius presets, some Controls functions. This may or may not fix your issues. Worth a try, like I said it is harmless otherwise.

Yes, tried that. Still unable to retain navigation "favorites" but everything else seems to be working as advertised.. It's been suggested the next over-the-air system "update" might resolve the problem, we shall see I suppose. Pretty aggravating. One might expect everything to function properly on a near $70k special order vehicle...

DocDiRyder

Reaction score
After about 8 months the problem finally cleared by itself. The nav system now working properly. Just thought I'd update.

Users who are viewing this thread