5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Nav zoom

RamAddic

Reaction score
I’m having trouble zooming out on the map screen and keeping it zoomed out for some reason. I’ll zoom out with the minus symbol and I’ll see more of the surrounding area but after a min or two it automatically goes back to the zoomed in screen which I don’t really want for that point of my travel. Anything else that needs to be switched to maintain the screen I want ?

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Nope - you have found what pisses me off about the FCA nav system. Been that way in my last 2 as well.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That's the way it's programmed. Mine does the same and my old, no-longer-supported hand held Tomtom does it, too.

That's why I always study maps before I go and sometimes even refer to it during the trip. It's easier to see the big picture that way. If I stuck to just the GPS, I'd get where I wanted to go by the most efficient route, but.... a map might show an alternate route that is designated a scenic highway. Or I'll see a symbol or writing for some nearby point of interest that is interesting and worth a short detour or an alternate route.

RamAddic

Reaction score
Nope - you have found what pisses me off about the FCA nav system. Been that way in my last 2 as well.

Well. That kinda sucks tbh. I can’t see why a simple scale setting can’t be saved on a nav system when you can incorporate 4-5 different colored “themes” for the same screen which anyone will hardly ever use .

SSN765

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off auto zoom in the Uconnect settings? I believe I did that in the wife's 19 GC system? I don't dive her car but I think I did it as a passenger during one trip.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off auto zoom in the Uconnect settings? I believe I did that in the wife's 19 GC system? I don't dive her car but I think I did it as a passenger during one trip.

Well by CRIKEY!! That works - thank you, thank you , thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online