5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Lost Camera, Settings for Beakes, keys, Seats and Comfort. Gone

23RAM

Reaction score
Anyone know how a 24 Ram uconnect unit can access the internet if you have not paid for that access, even temporarily ?
RAMs along with other brands, have a cell modem and sim card to communicate with connected services over cellular data connections. If you have a trial or subscription to their traffic services, the live traffic data comes over this way. You may notice when you first start the truck, there is no traffic info for the maps initially, but within a few minutes it'll connect and show traffic.

Ready Go

Reaction score
This is the update info that "pushed" itself through the other day..I assume therefore that it's the latest (?)

Attachments

• 20240130_113350.jpg
    20240130_113350.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 18

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
My 24 uconnect just updated from v34 to v46 on its own
Do you see any improvement with your issues since the .46 update?
Im on T27.34 and have none of the problems you described.
With all ive read about OTA updates lately, im dreading it happening !

Ready Go

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my "level" was prior to the "pushed" OTA Update to T27.46 that happened a few weeks ago (my truck was finished 9/13/23), but that update did nothing that I could tell whatsoever and all the GPS loading issues and errant screen load issues are literally just as unpredictable as prior to the update.
I'll say it again, either Ram changed to a cheaper chipset or did only minimal software programming testing on this system.

I swear the HK Sound System in my 2023 Laramie G/T (same exact truck as my 2024, except color) even sounded WAY clearer and crisper! This 2024 is disappointing compared to the 2023. IDK🙁

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what my "level" was prior to the "pushed" OTA Update to T27.46 that happened a few weeks ago (my truck was finished 9/13/23), but that update did nothing that I could tell whatsoever and all the GPS loading issues and errant screen load issues are literally just as unpredictable as prior to the update.
I'll say it again, either Ram changed to a cheaper chipset or did only minimal software programming testing on this system.
You need to perform a factory reset after each update for it to work right.
Ram also does not test the systems. An update before disabled everyone's 360 degree cameras on 2022s and had to wait for another update to allow the cameras to work again. They just tried to push out more updates that bricked a ton of trucks with dead batteries.
The only testing Ram is doing is seeing how much people will put up with.

Ready Go

Reaction score
You need to perform a factory reset after each update for it to work right.
Ram also does not test the systems. An update before disabled everyone's 360 degree cameras on 2022s and had to wait for another update to allow the cameras to work again. They just tried to push out more updates that bricked a ton of trucks with dead batteries.
The only testing Ram is doing is seeing how much people will put up with.
I did not know that🤔

My 2015 Challenger SRT392 was 100% perfect and trouble free..and believe me, I pushed it hard!

Problem is..this is a truck, but for $80k+ I expected way more!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The reset did correct the blue screen on the camera. The other functions came back in a few hours.

Who ever heard of electronics that don't reset at once? But in 3 hours. Really?

I'll check the version and post it. This 2024 uconnect is as buggy as can be!! Even now, hitting home, media, or climate are often prohibited when sitting still. Go figure.
Sorry to hear but,
Welcome to the new Era Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread