5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect doesn't turn on

dimua87

Reaction score
Hi there.
Surprise waited me after little bit more than 2000 km. Im very surprised and in too time confused.

So the problem is that uconnect doesnt start/work, as i mentioned in thread title. Just black screen-plain black(not as like when you turn it off physically), radio and media doesnt work, also doesnt work wireless charge, cameras and all the applications.

May be there is any1 who met similar problem? Can you recommend some ''first aid'' steps i need to check before going to dealer (who is nearly 250km away ;/ ) Some fuse to check? Or anything esle...?

Appreciate any help guys

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I can think of is disconnect the battery and turn on the lights to draw out any power in the system. Reconnect the battery and restart the truck. You may have a deeper issue, perhaps a defective head unit.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
All I can think of is disconnect the battery and turn on the lights to draw out any power in the system. Reconnect the battery and restart the truck. You may have a deeper issue, perhaps a defective head unit.
^^^^ this - Vader’s suggestion- but I’m thinking the same - bad head unit / panel

Jstadick

Reaction score
Hi there.
Surprise waited me after little bit more than 2000 km. Im very surprised and in too time confused.

So the problem is that uconnect doesnt start/work, as i mentioned in thread title. Just black screen-plain black(not as like when you turn it off physically), radio and media doesnt work, also doesnt work wireless charge, cameras and all the applications.

May be there is any1 who met similar problem? Can you recommend some ''first aid'' steps i need to check before going to dealer (who is nearly 250km away ;/ ) Some fuse to check? Or anything esle...?

Appreciate any help guys

I had problems with mine a few weeks ago (not same problem) and this was the procedure that was given to me by UConnect Support to do a "RESET" of the system. Worth a try anyway:

1. Turn on Truck to ACC
2. On the steering wheel, Press the Green Phone button and the Voice Recognition (talking head) buttons at the same time for 30 Seconds
3. Turn the Truck off
4. Open the Drivers Door and on the dash, Lights should come on (they didn't specify what lights)
5. Leave the drivers door open until the lights on the dash go out
6. Start the truck....and cross you fingers

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/