5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

Nbt22555

Reaction score
Well who do you call to try and get this thing back up? if it's 5 yrs the truck is a 2019. I have called sirius they say they don't see anything like that and when I called uconnect they gave me the run around also. Does anyone have a number to call for travellink stuff?

Nbt22555

Reaction score
well I would like to report i have it back up and running. After calling sirius 3 times and bitching at them that the 2019 rams came with 5 yr subscribtions, they said it was active now it has expired and me saying thats only 2 and a half yers out of the five. Simple math 2019 plu 5 equal 2024 they were like we understad but thats all we can do, so i was about to give up and i decided i will give it one last try and the lady is like yes you have the free subscrition and i said great ca you just send me the signal to get it to work and low and behold it works. Maybe they just got tired of me calling lol who knows. Also prior to the pr39 update the system did not function and now it does so the pr39 udate fixed the non working issue.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what 1 yr trial you think you have but there isn’t one that’s offered.

How long does my trial last?

All new vehicles equipped with Ram Connect include the following trials:
- Safety & Security (10 years)
- Vehicle Performance (5 Years)
- Assistance + Navigation (3 month Trial) (If equipped)

The trial length is measured from the original date of sale or lease of the vehicle. In the case of previously-owned vehicles, any remaining trial period transfers to the new owner if the vehicle is still within 3 months of the original date of sale. A new owner will need to re-enroll the vehicle to activate the services.
Mine was bumped to 6 months. They don't have the whole subscription system setup yet so just extending the trial.

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Did anyone lose their eco coaching on the last update? Seems like all my activated services are working but I can’t find the eco coaching app.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Did anyone lose their eco coaching on the last update? Seems like all my activated services are working but I can’t find the eco coaching app.
Yup, mines gone now but it didn’t disappear until A few days after the update. It fact after I did a hard reset it was still there for a day or so. weird because it actually started to work correctly.

billbeam

Reaction score
Good news for my 2020, updated my head unit to PR39.7 myself, and now my weather map works. But according to Ram, there were no updates available for my truck.
Help please! I downloaded the file and extracted it to usb device. Placed it into USB1 port in my 2020 Limited. Received the following message: "Media file not found". Any idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Help please! I downloaded the file and extracted it to usb device. Placed it into USB1 port in my 2020 Limited. Received the following message: "Media file not found". Any idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
You only put one of the extracted files on the USB drive

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a 3 month trial. See THIS THREAD. We spelled out each package except price there.
Mine is 12 months.

Actually, no, it's 15 months because I got a three month extension.

Of course, that doesn't much matter because it still isn't working correctly.

Last edited:

jvillej

Reaction score
Just did this. When you download the zip fil you'll need to extract it first on your pc. Then open the folder and copy only the update file to the USB drive. Worked for me

billbeam

Reaction score
Just did this. When you download the zip fil you'll need to extract it first on your pc. Then open the folder and copy only the update file to the USB drive. Worked for me
I did that today and the software updated without any issues.
For all those that responded, Thanks!

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well the gremlins are taking over again for me:
-weather app hasn’t worked in 3+ weeks
-Sirius radio audio stops working sporadically
-radio screen is periodically flickering
-coolant temp in offroad gauges MIA full time now
-crashing with loud buzzing 3-4 times per week

Now some really strange stuff. The Eco coaching app which disappeared after the last update suddenly appeared again sometime recently, I noticed it today but not sure when it came back. Also I previously (like 4-5 weeks ago) enabled the performance pages and got them to show up in the EVIC but they never showed on the radio screen… until today! Love the performance pages look and all the HP/Torque graphs work. Sadly though it was short lived, after work both the Eco Coaching App and the Performance page app both disappeared. Performance pages still remain in the EVIC only.
I have to stop messing with this thing while driving, its incredibly distracting having so many things not working correctly all the time.

Psimpson

Reaction score
My travellink stuff all quit last week, just has the flashing bars when I try weather or fuel prices. the map looks like snow falling all the time now. It was working until last week and my subsription shows current.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My travellink stuff all quit last week, just has the flashing bars when I try weather or fuel prices. the map looks like snow falling all the time now. It was working until last week and my subsription shows current.
You only had a five year trial subscription for travelink. What subscription is showing as current?

Psimpson

Reaction score
You only had a five year trial subscription for travelink. What subscription is showing as current?
That was the issue, it didn't show expired until after I made the previous post. It's working again

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just started a trial subscription for Sirius, and all is up and running. Will try and cancel all but the travel link when the trial is up.

Users who are viewing this thread