5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Audio DSP

alander3

Reaction score
I have a 23 RAM 8.4"non-nav with the alpine setup. I replaced the two dash speakers with the typical infinity swap everyone does.

I have a love/hate relationship with this system. In some regards its like there is a hole in the audio spektrum, almost like a misconfigured x-over.

A great IRL example of this is Dire Striaghts - Money for Nothing. My first experience listening to this song had me asking the question - where are hell are the keyboards?? It's like the DSP remixed the song in real time and applied a -10db down mix to the keyboard track.

The super interesting thing is this is also present on my wife's 22 Grand Cherokee. It's UC4 with the standard 6 speaker system. It was also present in a 20 Grand Cherokee UC4 alpine system we rented a few months ago. So it appears it's common among all UC systems and is present in UC 4 and 5.

I think this may explain some of the SQ issues people precieve with UC systems. Sometimes vocals are muddy, sometimes highs are not clear, sometimes it sounds flat out compressed or clipped in a part of the audio spektrum.

Try it out on your system and see if you can hear what I'm talking about.

Hoot40

Reaction score
I replaced center speaker also. Highs are very clear. if you want to hear muddy just fade back the rear only and see how bad their full range speakers sound.

traymo

Reaction score
I just think your truck doesn't ever want to hear Dire Straights again... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread