5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect-Apps-Sirius and other issues

Mocco71

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 with 12” screen. I have the following issues that I am hoping someone can help:

picked truck up four days ago - and the Sirius radio was available. I didn’t listen or set it up, but I do remember seeing it default to the preview channel. got home and software update promp came up and I downloaded. Next day go to drive and Sirius is gone. Grayed out option, no preview, nothing. I figured it would reappear after I subscribed to trial period. Nope, still not an option. The Sirius Travel App is also showing unavailable and now I’m getting a “SiruisXM is unavailable” message when I start the truck. I’ve sent many refresh signals, but since I can’t even select Sirius, I cannot tell if the refresh did anything.

second problem - the truck will not remember my app order when I drag and drop to the menu bar at bottom of screen. The apps will stay there as long as I’m driving, but they go default when truck is restarted.

third issue - FM radio presets. I’ve set these at least twenty times and they will not stay. Not only will they not be remembered by uconnect, but the truck always, no matter what, tunes to 96.1 when I turn the truck on.

Now, other items that I set up are being retained (suspension, map preferences, seat settings, etc.).

i have tried all of the tricks I could find on the forum, but none have worked. Resetting everything and then pushing S and then 1. I’ve done the “push S, then 1 then click lock on Fob”. I have tried in Run w/o engine on, Acc mode and heck, I have even tried while engine running. lastly, I shut everything off and opened, closed, doors, waited two minutes, etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Not only will it help me, but now you’ve got me in the forum (new user), and ill be happy to help others with what I learn.
thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 with 12” screen. I have the following issues that I am hoping someone can help:

picked truck up four days ago - and the Sirius radio was available. I didn’t listen or set it up, but I do remember seeing it default to the preview channel. got home and software update promp came up and I downloaded. Next day go to drive and Sirius is gone. Grayed out option, no preview, nothing. I figured it would reappear after I subscribed to trial period. Nope, still not an option. The Sirius Travel App is also showing unavailable and now I’m getting a “SiruisXM is unavailable” message when I start the truck. I’ve sent many refresh signals, but since I can’t even select Sirius, I cannot tell if the refresh did anything.

second problem - the truck will not remember my app order when I drag and drop to the menu bar at bottom of screen. The apps will stay there as long as I’m driving, but they go default when truck is restarted.

third issue - FM radio presets. I’ve set these at least twenty times and they will not stay. Not only will they not be remembered by uconnect, but the truck always, no matter what, tunes to 96.1 when I turn the truck on.

Now, other items that I set up are being retained (suspension, map preferences, seat settings, etc.).

i have tried all of the tricks I could find on the forum, but none have worked. Resetting everything and then pushing S and then 1. I’ve done the “push S, then 1 then click lock on Fob”. I have tried in Run w/o engine on, Acc mode and heck, I have even tried while engine running. lastly, I shut everything off and opened, closed, doors, waited two minutes, etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Not only will it help me, but now you’ve got me in the forum (new user), and ill be happy to help others with what I learn.
thanks!
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and let the truck sync for a couple hours after reconnecting. Should solve it.
If not, I'm afraid you'd have to visit the dealer to address those issues.

Mocco71

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Disconnecting the battery didn’t seem to help. I swung by the dealer and they got Sirius on the line and said my registration wasn’t completed due to not completing a security question for verification purposes. Upon updating the security question they said it will be 24 hours until the unit will activate. This sounds really odd to me, but whatever.

Dealer looked at the other issues and took it back to check software and a restart and couldn’t find anything. A deeper dive will require an appt.

At one point today, the truck stopped defaulting to 96.1. No idea how that happened.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be concerned considering a few forum members siriusxm stopped working after latest update. From what I have read the radios required replacement.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
There are two threads related to SiriusXM issues after the update. My Sirius hasn't worked since I bought it in late April. My dealer ordered a replacement radio which we are waiting for it to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread