5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect app and sim not available

Prodat

Reaction score
Living in The Netherlands ( Europe ), most of the RAM / uconnect apps are unfortunately not available.

My car also have no sim card built in from dodge or dealer.

I am able to download legal the Uconnect live app on my iPhone, on my Samsung it's not available.

When starting up the app I get the message uconnect live not available, both sim installed in your car.

So, it is possible to put a sim card ( like simple data card with 4G connection ) in the ram ? If yes where ?

Anybody a idea if possible to tweak / mod the system ?

Also there is a sticker at driver side door with:
-VIN NUMBER- EXPORT VEHICLE

snj1013

Reaction score
I'm not sure for exports, but in the US, if you don't have NAV, you don't have the cellular/SIM capability. I assume the SIM is built into or a part of the head unit.

Prodat

Reaction score
I have uconnect with navigation, works perfect expet no sim / internet

Janko

Reaction score
I believe that eSim is used in the RAM trucks. In the US ATT coming from the dealership. I am not positive if you can change or add additional esim. Should be freedom of choice if you paid a truck in full (like the phones, they must unlock the phone for other carriers when you paid the full amount of the phone).

Users who are viewing this thread