5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect and smartwatches

Ram77

Reaction score
New to the group. I was wondering if anyone was able to connect uconnect app with a smartwatch (Samsung gear)? I read it works with apple watch and Android gear already but can't seem to find anything that shows it supports Samsung gear

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Hi Ram77,

i'm sure you have found this out by now, but just in case not...Uconnect only has an app that works with Apple Watches and Android watches, but sadly Samsung uses their own proprietary U.I. (Tizen) for ALL their smartwatches and they DO NOT have an app for uConnect.

I got so tired of all the apps i wanted NOT being available on my Galaxy Frontier Watch, i finally switched to Apple Watch Series 4 paired with an iPhone and i couldn't love it anymore - Google/Android/Samsung was just gettin' on my nerves & after 9 years of being a die hard Android fan, i switched to the other side : )

Everything is just soooo seemless, and it is great to be able to remote start/lock/unlock from watch , you would rarely use fob : )

grinch72

Reaction score
Hi Ram77,

i'm sure you have found this out by now, but just in case not...Uconnect only has an app that works with Apple Watches and Android watches, but sadly Samsung uses their own proprietary U.I. (Tizen) for ALL their smartwatches and they DO NOT have an app for uConnect.

I got so tired of all the apps i wanted NOT being available on my Galaxy Frontier Watch, i finally switched to Apple Watch Series 4 paired with an iPhone and i couldn't love it anymore - Google/Android/Samsung was just gettin' on my nerves & after 9 years of being a die hard Android fan, i switched to the other side : )

Everything is just soooo seemless, and it is great to be able to remote start/lock/unlock from watch , you would rarely use fob : )
Glad to hear you’ve gotten smarter as time has moved on. There is nothing more seem less or smooth than the Apple
Ecosystem. Unless something DRASTICALLY changes I’ll be an Apple Watch, iPhone guy for life!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The UConnect watch app is unreliable and more importantly slow. I also think it's silly on the watch to ask for the 4 digit PIN when the watch can't work without the phone being near unless you unlock it with a passcode. So if it's already unlocked then why ask for the PIN?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi Ram77,

Glad you switched!
It’s all about the integration. No one beats Apple at that game. Years ago I was the only one in my family to be on Apple (2009). FF to today and I have put every member of my family, in-laws, and friends on the Apple ecosystem and they could not be happier.

I mainly use my Apple Watch for working out and running, and even there, nobody can beat the amount (and quality) of apps you get vs the rest. Not to mention the piece of mind you get from the walled-garden approach of the App Store.

Cheers,

grinch72

Reaction score
The UConnect watch app is unreliable and more importantly slow. I also think it's silly on the watch to ask for the 4 digit PIN when the watch can't work without the phone being near unless you unlock it with a passcode. So if it's already unlocked then why ask for the PIN?
I have a series 4 with cellular and it works without my phone. My phone can be home and the app still does whatever. I think that’s why they ask for the pin.

Nuckingfutts

Reaction score
I just acquired the galaxy watch 4 which runs on Android wear os, so any updates to this?

Angeloo77

Reaction score
I just acquired the galaxy watch 4 which runs on Android wear os, so any updates to this?
Same here, nucking. Let me know if you figure something out. So what I'm seeing, the uconnect android phone app is responsible for detecting an Android wear watch and then sending the watch a notification that you tap on and then guides you to the Google play store on the watch (this worked for me last with my old moto360) for watch app installation/pairing. I have never been able to get this to work with my newer Fossil Gen 5. Also my worry, is that Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (I just got one too) doesn't use the native (Google) Android Wear management application on your phone, it uses the Samsung Wearable application instead. Thinking this may not allow the Samsung watch to be detected and thus the notification to not be sent to the Galaxy watch as well. Going to be calling Jeep FCA on Monday.

Angeloo77

Reaction score
This article explains the issue us Android Wear Uconnect users are experiencing.

Long story short, it doesn't work anymore until Jeep FCA updates the application as they wrote their original wear application in a way that was dumb/old/easier to code. Google stopped supporting the way they coded it and blocked it from being distributed after March 2021. I attempted to side load it using the instructions in the article and it still doesnt work..boo..

Users who are viewing this thread