5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect and iPhone 11

wtmgdh

Reaction score
I looked through the threads and didn't see anything like what I've encountered. My 22 Limited uconnect pairs with my iPhone 11 however it says it is not compatible with messaging. All other phone functions work so far. I have only tried rebooting the phone and looking through the setup files on the phone to see if there is a setting somewhere I've missed. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘21 with UConnect 4, and and iPhone 12, so not all of this may apply.

But, I don’t rely on the truck’s messaging at all. CarPlay does that for me. When a text comes in, I can have Siri read it to me. If I want to send a text, I have Siri do that, too.

To use Siri, press and hold the voice button (front left side of the steering wheel), and say a command, such as “send a text to John Smith” (you don’t need to say “hey Siri” when using the button).

To read an incoming text, tap the notification at the bottom of the screen when CarPlay is active. The text won’t display; Siri will read it, because she wants you to be safe and keep your eyes on the road.

Hopefully that was helpful, and makes it no big deal that messaging isn’t supported native in UConnect.

wtmgdh

Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘21 with UConnect 4, and and iPhone 12, so not all of this may apply.

But, I don’t rely on the truck’s messaging at all. CarPlay does that for me. When a text comes in, I can have Siri read it to me. If I want to send a text, I have Siri do that, too.

To use Siri, press and hold the voice button (front left side of the steering wheel), and say a command, such as “send a text to John Smith” (you don’t need to say “hey Siri” when using the button).

To read an incoming text, tap the notification at the bottom of the screen when CarPlay is active. The text won’t display; Siri will read it, because she wants you to be safe and keep your eyes on the road.

Hopefully that was helpful, and makes it no big deal that messaging isn’t supported native in UConnect.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Users who are viewing this thread