5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 update solved wireless carplay interference Issue

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
So I have a 2022 Ram Rebel With the 12 inch screen. The issues with interference making wireless carplay work very unreliable were making me crazy. I know i had read many others with these issues. My ram updated well I was on vacation. IT seems to completely fixed the issue. Just wondering if this improvement has happened for others. it used to drop out right next to my office and made me insane.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t received any updates for my 12” for the past 2 years .
Update mentioned is for the 2022 and new trucks with the Uconnect 5 system.

I had a 2020 rebel prior to this truck with the uconnect 4 system and never saw any updates other than what the dealer did for me. Seemed like OTA was useless.

I have yet to test my uconnect 5 system with 26.17 in the two areas that always caused a carplay disconnect due to weather, I certainly hope the update fixed it.

tgram

Reaction score
Carplay is still not playing nice (to put it nicely) with my 2022 Limited. A while back I have switched to using built in nav and paying for traffic and weather - that has been working great. However, my son recently set up his own profile and was using carplay for couple of days. After I switched it back to my profile I was driving and listening to SiriusXM and the carplay managed to switch my audio source to my son's carplay (even though he was not even playing music on his phone but simply opened a twitter app)! He even disconnected his phone bluetooth and we repeated that same sequence and audio source again switched to his carplay (even though my profile was showin as active and his phone bluetooth was disconnected). I have no idea how this is even possible but this is why I decided to switch to built in navigation few months ago, and never had any issues like this prior to my son creating his own profile. Not sure if this is the uconnect or apple bug but something is still definitely not right when it comes to how carplay works with this system.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carplay is still not playing nice (to put it nicely) with my 2022 Limited. A while back I have switched to using built in nav and paying for traffic and weather - that has been working great. However, my son recently set up his own profile and was using carplay for couple of days. After I switched it back to my profile I was driving and listening to SiriusXM and the carplay managed to switch my audio source to my son's carplay (even though he was not even playing music on his phone but simply opened a twitter app)! He even disconnected his phone bluetooth and we repeated that same sequence and audio source again switched to his carplay (even though my profile was showin as active and his phone bluetooth was disconnected). I have no idea how this is even possible but this is why I decided to switch to built in navigation few months ago, and never had any issues like this prior to my son creating his own profile. Not sure if this is the uconnect or apple bug but something is still definitely not right when it comes to how carplay works with this system.
You can go into the uconnect settings and disable CarPlay or limit it to one phone connection at a time. Once connected carplay actually uses wifi to transmit the data, Bluetooth is used to set up the connection first.

Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat are constantly playing videos or gifs that force whatever music or video that is playing to mute allowing it to play. Apple really should allow volume control per app like you see in the windows environment.

DepotBo

Reaction score
So I have a 2022 Ram Rebel With the 12 inch screen. The issues with interference making wireless carplay work very unreliable were making me crazy. I know i had read many others with these issues. My ram updated well I was on vacation. IT seems to completely fixed the issue. Just wondering if this improvement has happened for others. it used to drop out right next to my office and made me insane.
I recently got a 2022 Ram 3500 and I am trying to fix the interference issues like you mentioned. No updates available to me, so still searching a solution!

robkrmona

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 1500 Laramier Crew Cab 2022 truck. I've been having the same issue since I bought it with the wireless apple car play. I've identified several spots around the city where the connections cuts off, some times is only the audio, some other time it disconnects for few seconds, but it's quite annoying. It's terrible when I go to other cities and it does the same thing at places I don't expect to happen, specially when I'm using google maps and the connections cuts off at an intersection.
I checked the system and there is no up dates, does any one has any idea what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread