5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 DoA

Lithium

Reaction score
Bought a new 2019 ram rebel with Uconnect 12. Climate will not turn on. Been at dealership since 3 days since i bought it.

They are actually swapping parts from another rebel in the lot to find out what is broken.

Uconnect swapped 2x, no change.
Radio module swapped, no change.
AC module swapped, no change.

They are going to try to swap the main computer next.

Got a rental at least. Hopefully it goes well when i finally get the truck back.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your problem... how long have you had it and what was the build date?
Many early build models had issues (but I don't recall reading about this one)... or it could just be that *one* that has issues... hopefully it gets fixed soon for you.

Lithium

Reaction score
Probably the "one" with issues. I bought it on 12/9. Was still in plastic from the dealership. They'll fix it i'm sure. Driving a nice Ram rental truck now, so life isn't all bad.

Can't wait to get it back though.

Merry Christmas everyone.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably the "one" with issues. I bought it on 12/9. Was still in plastic from the dealership. They'll fix it i'm sure. Driving a nice Ram rental truck now, so life isn't all bad.

Can't wait to get it back though.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Sorry to hear. You may want to consider not having the dealer swap parts from trucks on the lot as they may be affected as well. They could be from the same build timeframe. As much as it sucks maybe it's worth telling them to order new parts. Just my 2 cents.

Lithium

Reaction score
They are trying to identify the parts using the other truck. When they do, they will have to order the parts new.

Its sorta funny at this point. Even my wife is making jokes about trying to remember what the truck is like.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never heard of dealers pulling parts from stock vehicles. Severe no-no. I would refuse parts from another vehicle, sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I would also want to know if the brand new truck I bought off the lot was a guinea pig for some frankenstein truck experiment.

However, I am also not in a situation where I am without my truck and can imagine I would want them to get parts from Satan himself if it meant getting my truck back, quickly in working order.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are trying to identify the parts using the other truck. When they do, they will have to order the parts new.

Its sorta funny at this point. Even my wife is making jokes about trying to remember what the truck is like.
I had to reorient myself to the truck when I picked mine up. After 5 weeks I forgot a few things about it like the knob shifter.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I had to reorient myself to the truck when I picked mine up. After 5 weeks I forgot a few things about it like the knob shifter.

Did you get your truck back with a new unit? Do all of the features still work? Sirius Subscription? XM Guardian? WiFi HotSpot? SOS and Assist Buttons?

My 12 inch screen was swapped (41 Days in the Shop) and I spent weeks and hours on the phone trying to get this stuff working again presumably because the Serial of the Radio didn’t match the VIN of the vehicle. Never received the OTA updates either. Dealer ended up flashing it manually after a long time of them being adamant that they couldn’t do it and it had to come over the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get your truck back with a new unit? Do all of the features still work? Sirius Subscription? XM Guardian? WiFi HotSpot? SOS and Assist Buttons?

My 12 inch screen was swapped (41 Days in the Shop) and I spent weeks and hours on the phone trying to get this stuff working again presumably because the Serial of the Radio didn’t match the VIN of the vehicle. Never received the OTA updates either. Dealer ended up flashing it manually after a long time of them being adamant that they couldn’t do it and it had to come over the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All they did is a reset but no parts change. I have Sirius but the remote app only works after the truck has been started. If it sits for hours it stops working. I havent checked the SOS and assist but they always worked. It's totally glitchy software and I dont believe its hardware related so I'm glad they didnt start swapping head units...and risk damaging my trim pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread