5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UCA Thread

kilogRAM

Reaction score
They seem to be exactly the same thing. i think vendors are prob struggling with the year designation and ther confusion that may come from it say a 2019+ DS vs a 2019+ DT truck :) for instance Total Chaos list part 81500 as part# for 2019+. exactly same part# for 09-18 DS trucks. Icon is just saying 09 and UP, BDS UCA you're listing above is the same part# we have for the DS trucks.

Choosing UCA's comes down to what you're doing with your truck, how much maintenance are you willing to put up with, how much lift you have etc. Most have a built-in offset that will work in 2-3" lift applications. There are a few that are buil with the stock offset, why ? for those of you using 4-6" brackets lifts that need a factory UCA for proper geometry. An offset BJ in one those kits will look pretty much the same as if you installed that UCA with your factory height suspension. the BJ will have a severe angle inwards because of the built offset, at least if a 5100 type strut at 0" lift is used, moving the strut perches creates a lift in the same fashion as one that has stock height, then if you reached 2-3" lift that way you can use an offset UCA. Fabtech has stock lenght offset with a uniball, i believe Rolling big power as well. i keep a list of UCA's for the 4th gen trucks, i'm sure all of them will work in the DT trucks. We know TC, Icon and BDS use the same part#'s so no changes on what they're doing in their UCA's for the DT trucks.

View attachment 80259

Uniballs, VS traditional BJ's VS Delta Joints all comes down to preference, the video in post# 5 is an excelent source for more details and i'll refer to that video for explanations. I've used Uniballs before and you can't beat their performance with standard BJ's, i don't think you'll find a race application using that style of BJ's. Delta Joint is new, i think couple of years i'm giving them a try right now in my RAM and so far so good. I had Zones (rubber bushings and hd bj) before and without changing anything else i can tell the difference in riding, maybe because my coilovers are literally almost maxed out and perhaps the BJ in the Zone doesn't have the right angles at that height as the suspension cycles, i have no idea but the difference in the way the truck drives over rough stuff is now more noticable and i haven't changed anything else other than UCA's.

I put some pictures here comparing the angles on both uca's.
Great info. How do you like the icon delta joint. Worth the price?

Users who are viewing this thread