5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U11E9 code active grill shutter check Engine light.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same U11E9 code. It went away on its own for a few days, then back on for a few weeks, then away( on its own) again, now back on. Could this be the Air dam issue?
Yup

madisond

Reaction score
I replaced my grille shutter first, because that is what the dealership suggested. At the time I thought it was still under warranty, it was not. They wanted $900 to do it there. Coincidentally, my dad owns an auto body shop and orders all his Chrysler parts from the said dealership. So I had him order it for me, factory part right? did not solve my issue. I have since put in the active air dam, also has not worked. Cleared the codes, preformed the test with a professional scan tool multiple times. Still have my check engine light on. My next move is to replace the wire harness. My point to this story is to suggest to you to take it to the dealership. Pay the first chunk of change for them to repair it, when it is not repaired properly, everything from there on out is out of their pocket. I have now $900 into mine with factory parts and it is still not fixed.

madisond

Reaction score
I replaced my grille shutter first, because that is what the dealership suggested. At the time I thought it was still under warranty, it was not. They wanted $900 to do it there. Coincidentally, my dad owns an auto body shop and orders all his Chrysler parts from the said dealership. So I had him order it for me, factory part right? did not solve my issue. I have since put in the active air dam, also has not worked. Cleared the codes, preformed the test with a professional scan tool multiple times. Still have my check engine light on. My next move is to replace the wire harness. My point to this story is to suggest to you to take it to the dealership. Pay the first chunk of change for them to repair it, when it is not repaired properly, everything from there on out is out of their pocket. I have now $900 into mine with factory parts and it is still not fixed.

Dk731

Reaction score
Just bought my 2021 yesterday. Today I had the issue. I saw all the comments on the forum so I unplugged my AAD and cleared the code. No crazy fan or CEL. I guess time will tell

Lone Star

Reaction score
took my 2020 bighorn into the dealer for its first oil change. 2 days later i got the u11e9.

I dont see how getting an oil change would cause this. I just think it is odd. I am going to try taking the top cover off and seeing if any of the clips for the shutters snapped out of place.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
took my 2020 bighorn into the dealer for its first oil change. 2 days later i got the u11e9.

I dont see how getting an oil change would cause this. I just think it is odd. I am going to try taking the top cover off and seeing if any of the clips for the shutters snapped out of place.
Probably a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread