5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connet issues

Rich_Neagle

Reaction score
I have a 6 day old 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Black appearance package. Any how the truck is super nice. However the damn USBs will not connect to my Galaxy Note. I plug it in, and it keeps charging and un charging. Android auto won't work at all.. says error connect.. It worked perfect for 3 days, then nada. I uninstalled the app made sure it was up to date. And went and got an ATT $30 ",Android cable" still not working. Before I drive over an 1hr back to the dealership am I the only one ? Or does anyone have some advise?. Never had a Ram ever. Always Tundras. Its a sweet truck except for that part..

Love Rich

Dallasfan

Reaction score
Mine works fine in my 2019 Limited. I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+. Have you tried the USB C connection?

subaru79

Reaction score
Try deleting phone info from Uconnect, and delete app off phone. Then just plug your phone into usb let everything load/download by itself

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone on here a long time ago mentioned a specific cable they had good luck with. So I bought it and thus far, no issues.

I also own a Note 8.

Nekteck USB-IF Certified USB C 3.1 GEN 2 Cable(10Gbps/100W) USB C to USB C Cable (Thunderbolt 3 Compatible) with E-marker & Power Delivery For MacBook Pro Galaxy S9 S9 Plus OnePlus 6/Black 3.3ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718Z1MWF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_VYs0BbZNVWREF

ibadush

Reaction score
i have the exact same problem on my 2019 limited with the 12inch
i think it might be some sort of a short in the usb ports in the car. but i'm just guessing. i contacted ram care about this and someone was supposed to call me back today. but they didn't i will have to call again tomorrow and probably talk to another clueless receptionist for an hour trying to run me through obvious steps like... try another cable or try disconnecting and reconnecting.... until they transfer me to someone who actually knows the system

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
Have you tried other USB ports? Doesn’t sound like it would be software in the Uconnect. If it were a driver type issue it probably wouldn’t connect at all. Maybe the port was attached to the board poorly and vibration broke a small fracture in the connection.

Cmoar

Reaction score
I have a 6 day old 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Black appearance package. Any how the truck is super nice. However the **** USBs will not connect to my Galaxy Note. I plug it in, and it keeps charging and un charging. Android auto won't work at all.. says error connect.. It worked perfect for 3 days, then nada. I uninstalled the app made sure it was up to date. And went and got an ATT $30 ",Android cable" still not working. Before I drive over an 1hr back to the dealership am I the only one ? Or does anyone have some advise?. Never had a Ram ever. Always Tundras. Its a sweet truck except for that part..

Love Rich

Were you ever able to get this resolved? My front USBs are charging/not charging, and the system doesn’t recognize anything plugged in. Tried 4 or 5 cables and 3 phones, all charge when first plugged in then stop.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck had this exact same issue when I first took delivery (charge/no-charge constantly cycling). I immediately had service take a look at it. They spent the day disassembling the console/USB's and could not find an issue. The tech called me and said he was putting everything back together so that I could have my truck back for the weekend, but I would need to make another appointment for further troubleshooting. When he reassembled, the USB's started working. I now have 7000 miles on my truck, and have never had it happen again. I use CarPlay, charge my phones, etc...no problems. I think there is a grounding issue coming out of the factory, that the tech resolved when he put it all back together.

trook

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Pixel 2 from Verizon. The phone was continually trying to charge/use data and couldn't decide what to do. After staying on the phone over 2 hours with Verizon the other day, they had me completely wipe my phone and reset everything as if it were a new phone. It started working! We will see how long that lasts.

tomybalint16

Reaction score
I have the same issue, anyone solved it? I have a Samsung s9 + and also tried with the new note 10+ same with both start charging than stop and starts again and so on. Sometimes the car says on the screen device not supported.

tjhawkins22

Reaction score
I've been having the same issues. One thing I've found. . . If I take my fully charged phone and plug it in, it works fine. . . If it's not fully charged, it goes on and off. . . .

I'm suspecting that these new phones are pulling too much current to charge it. So I'm going to experiment with different cords to see if I can find one that will limit the draw on the USB to charge at a lower rate.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I found that mine only worked with the cord that came with the phone (I use the usb c connection). I believe other cords will work if they are rated appropriately. I saw on another thread that the issue was with the internal connection on the usb ports being bent.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Check this thread... This had been my biggest PIA since I got my truck. Finally fixed:

Users who are viewing this thread