5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U connect and Navigation update

gmpenn

Reaction score
I contacted FCA about Navigation updates and I got this reply
When available, navigation map updates can be purchased by visiting https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/ and selecting the Make, Model and Year of your vehicle.

In addition, Software updates for the entire Uconnect System (including Navigation software) are released from time to time. These are available for download by visiting https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and can be performed at no charge from the site. When I checked the first link the 2019 was not listed yet

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
I checked the other day and there was still no update for the GPS issue. I have a non-navigation 8.4 and it uses the truck's GPS antenna for maps instead of the phone's. The GPS on my phone is fine until I plug it into the truck. It's off by a couple of miles once it's plugged into the truck.

GerryS

Reaction score
I have the 12" screen with Nav. The maps on these trucks is probably two years old. That and the user interface kind of forced me into using my Garmin Nuvi instead of the trucks nav. Others use their smartphones instead of the trucks nav.

Gerry

TX_Phil

Reaction score
I checked the other day and there was still no update for the GPS issue. I have a non-navigation 8.4 and it uses the truck's GPS antenna for maps instead of the phone's. The GPS on my phone is fine until I plug it into the truck. It's off by a couple of miles once it's plugged into the truck.

Would this be why Waze gets all turned around when using it via uConnect? I have the 8.4 non-nav system and Google Maps seems to work fine but Waze gets lost every few minutes. When I first got the truck in September Waze worked perfectly as did Google Maps. Waze was updated on the phone as was Android Auto. I suspected it was these updates that caused the problem but maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread