5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off "Demo" mode?

Neocane

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my shiny new 2019 Laramie 4x4 near the end of this month (it's currently on a train), and I was wondering how do you disable "demo mode" on your 12" uConnect? I've seen many people state that their systems weren't storing the preferences and changes they put in and that "demo mode" was most often the culprit. Just trying to stay ahead of the curve here. Thanks!

Neocane

Reaction score
Ahhh was that the reason?

I want to be sure my uConnect is not in "demo mode" before I make any changes like radio stations or display layouts or themes, that way it will remember my settings and I don't have to do it all over again. That said, I don't know how to disable demo mode and would appreciate anyone here letting me know how it's done. Thanks

Jstadick

Reaction score
I want to be sure my uConnect is not in "demo mode" before I make any changes like radio stations or display layouts or themes, that way it will remember my settings and I don't have to do it all over again. That said, I don't know how to disable demo mode and would appreciate anyone here letting me know how it's done. Thanks

I believe that once the dealer lists it as sold with sxm, it will exit demo mode automatically and start the clock ticking on your 365 day trial. That's the way it worked for me anyway. Took two days after I took possession.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my shiny new 2019 Laramie 4x4 near the end of this month (it's currently on a train), and I was wondering how do you disable "demo mode" on your 12" uConnect? I've seen many people state that their systems weren't storing the preferences and changes they put in and that "demo mode" was most often the culprit. Just trying to stay ahead of the curve here. Thanks!
So wait, have we all discovered all the issues with themes and settings not sticking was in part due to it being in demo mode?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
If your radio is truly in “demo mode” it won’t even let you setup your SiriusXM account. Found this out when mine was replaced by the dealership. Purchased 7/25 replaced 9/08. It will say demo mode on the top left of the screen page for SiriusXM setup.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sales associate had everything setup for me before we even got the truck back from detailing. Have your sales associate take care of activating the SXM and the when you jump into the truck, you’ll know that it’s working.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your radio is truly in “demo mode” it won’t even let you setup your SiriusXM account. Found this out when mine was replaced by the dealership. Purchased 7/25 replaced 9/08. It will say demo mode on the top left of the screen page for SiriusXM setup.
Same here...and had a hell of a time convincing Sirius to transfer over the one year service to the new radio. Service manager and I had to hang up on one rep and call again before that person took care of it right away.

Dayhawk

Reaction score
I had to call Sirius, but I am a existing member. You do need to exit demo yes, but you may also have to call, if you have account already. My dealer only sets them up if you are new to sat radio.

On a side note, i am coming out of 2012 so not sure on newer models, but contracts weren't same..or radios rather, so I had to cancel and roll over $ and restart sub. They added free year on, travel link yada yada.

boomtastic

Reaction score
My dealer left my truck in Demo Mode, which was fine because I had full XM radio access for my long trip that I was taking. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was at 2000 miles when the radio began to only play a single SiriusXM station. There was an onscreen button to exit and activate the radio.

Laramieguy

Reaction score
This issue is plaguing many of us owners. If you refer to the thread "Uconnect 12 Bugs" you will see my 2 before and after picures of my Uconnect screen. I think it was related to demo mode. Also, my side mirrors are always off every time I start the truck. It's is very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread