5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won’t shift into gear from park, blinking D, error message shift to p then to desired gear, blinking check engine light…please help

Afranky80

Reaction score
2015 Tradesman 5.7hemi 8spd ZF initial symptoms were surge in rpm’s while driving, misfiring that felt and could be mistaken for hard shifting/trans issue. After changing transmission fluid and filter, spark plugs (all 16!), O2 sensors (4),
Air cleaner sensor, and pulling fuel tank to check pump and sensors…it just wouldn’t go into gear from park about a week ago came out from the vet and started it up, switch shifter into drive and the D just flashes the screen displays the message “shift to P then to desired gear” I try that and it just repeats over and over no change. My code reader picks up no codes and everything I’ve read reference a bad fuel/oxygen mix, raw fuel dumping into cats (I have pics they look clean). I just don’t know what to do and it’s my only vehicle that I owe 11k on still. Tia for all y’all’s experience and expertise! Pics of the cats below.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 10

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
2015 Tradesman 5.7hemi 8spd ZF initial symptoms were surge in rpm’s while driving, misfiring that felt and could be mistaken for hard shifting/trans issue. After changing transmission fluid and filter, spark plugs (all 16!), O2 sensors (4),
Air cleaner sensor, and pulling fuel tank to check pump and sensors…it just wouldn’t go into gear from park about a week ago came out from the vet and started it up, switch shifter into drive and the D just flashes the screen displays the message “shift to P then to desired gear” I try that and it just repeats over and over no change. My code reader picks up no codes and everything I’ve read reference a bad fuel/oxygen mix, raw fuel dumping into cats (I have pics they look clean). I just don’t know what to do and it’s my only vehicle that I owe 11k on still. Tia for all y’all’s experience and expertise! Pics of the cats below.
might try this section for 4th gen rams 2009-2018

this is the 5th gen rams section 2019-2024

Afranky80

Reaction score
Sh** my bad thanks for the heads up I’ll try and transfer the post

Users who are viewing this thread