5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck thinks it’s in Park while driving and dies in the road

Toddj8633

Reaction score
2019 1500 with 56k, no previous issues. Last week I took it to the dealer the day prior for a suspected exhaust leak. Got the truck back and my wife was driving it. She said she got a message in the gauge cluster something like “shift into drive”, then the shift dial amber light was blinking over the D.
The engine shut off in the middle of the road. She tried to restart and the starter motor turned over constantly.
She turned it off, waited 5 minutes and it’s run fine since then. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow.
Of course my power train warranty expired last month. I have a 3rd party bumper to bumper that expires next month. Fingers crossed they can pull the codes and fix it before then.
Anyone experienced this exact problem? I’ve read about similar issues here. Truck is a bone stock 4x4 Big Horn. Oil changed every 3k and it has a new battery.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
2019 1500 with 56k, no previous issues. Last week I took it to the dealer the day prior for a suspected exhaust leak. Got the truck back and my wife was driving it. She said she got a message in the gauge cluster something like “shift into drive”, then the shift dial amber light was blinking over the D.
The engine shut off in the middle of the road. She tried to restart and the starter motor turned over constantly.
She turned it off, waited 5 minutes and it’s run fine since then. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow.
Of course my power train warranty expired last month. I have a 3rd party bumper to bumper that expires next month. Fingers crossed they can pull the codes and fix it before then.
Anyone experienced this exact problem? I’ve read about similar issues here. Truck is a bone stock 4x4 Big Horn. Oil changed every 3k and it has a new battery.
what engine do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread