5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck dragged out of parking spot

2.5i

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I have a 2020 Laramie EcoDiesel 4x4 with 3.92 with 41k, I had parked in a spot my work didn't like and rather than following their normal process of putting a warning ticket on my windshield, they towed it instead. The truck was parked in a tight spot and I was told the tow truck driver drug the truck out of the spot, so they could get it on their tow truck. I have always been told that type of maneuver can damage the four wheel drive system. I did a check before driving away and everything seemed okay with not weird noises, but I think I should get it inspected by Ram just in case.

Is this an over reaction or is this a good idea? Thanks in advance.

70runner

Reaction score
If able to normally enter/exit park, likely no damage. Tires will slide/skip. If "dragged" for long distance, stop & go, possible to damage the trans parking pawl.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I have a 2020 Laramie EcoDiesel 4x4 with 3.92 with 41k, I had parked in a spot my work didn't like and rather than following their normal process of putting a warning ticket on my windshield, they towed it instead. The truck was parked in a tight spot and I was told the tow truck driver drug the truck out of the spot, so they could get it on their tow truck. I have always been told that type of maneuver can damage the four wheel drive system. I did a check before driving away and everything seemed okay with not weird noises, but I think I should get it inspected by Ram just in case.

Is this an over reaction or is this a good idea? Thanks in advance.
Did you have 4wd engaged?

2.5i

Reaction score
It was dragged on the front tires for about twenty feet give or take and the truck was in 2wd with parking brake activated when parked.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was dragged on the front tires for about twenty feet give or take and the truck was in 2wd with parking brake activated when parked.
If truck was in 2wd, then it wasn't "dragged" as the front wheels would still turn. They should have picked up the rest tires

Users who are viewing this thread