5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck covers and bed liners

kittyjo

Reaction score
Which is better bedrug or linex premium?

JLUR_

Reaction score
For sheer durability I vote line-x. Bedrug is padded in case you need to get into the bed to get stuff and your knees will thank you. I've had line-x in all my previous trucks because I haul atvs, lumber and other bulky stuff around. I always felt like lumber would snag on the bedrug fibers and make it harder to get out of the bed and I was worried muddy atvs would ruin the look of the rug.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Not really a fan of plastic liners only because over time they rub through your paint and keep moisture trapped under the liner, then rust starts without even being able to see it until the liner gets removed.

kittyjo

Reaction score
My use wud be fishing hunting bikes coolers.....

Bleda2002

Reaction score
That's about what it was around here for lineX. Unless you aren't putting a cover over the bed you can get away with regular lineX and save 100 bucks as it won't lose the shininess from UV damage

kittyjo

Reaction score
That's about what it was around here for lineX. Unless you aren't putting a cover over the bed you can get away with regular lineX and save 100 bucks as it won't lose the shininess from UV damage
From North Carolina so real humid here so how’s it do with washing the bed out with salty water from beach?

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
If you are using a bed cover for the times when not in use...

There corrosion prohibitors that help you combat salt issues... more than just you as a one man army with dawn and a hose....

Once or twice a year, a product similar to this can be sprayed.. should look for a dry application.

Not as a solve all problems solution, but an extra layer of fighting.

40908471bad8051d22a9e2bd6f33d160.jpg

Bleda2002

Reaction score
If you are routinely dunking this in salt then you're going to want to make sure you rinse it with fresh as often and apply something to help fight the rust.

The Line-X itself will prevent the rust on what its covering just fine, the major difference between regular and premium is they hit it with a UV Resistant Protector. Realistically all of these will eventually fade if left in the sun, the premium just lasts a lot longer before fading in the sun. The Regular version has been fine for me on my last two trucks. I've always used Access tonneau covers and both beds were still shiny (if not quite as glossy) when i traded them in. The only spots I lost some of the luster were where I actually hauled construction materials and such regularly.

kittyjo

Reaction score
If you are routinely dunking this in salt then you're going to want to make sure you rinse it with fresh as often and apply something to help fight the rust.

The Line-X itself will prevent the rust on what its covering just fine, the major difference between regular and premium is they hit it with a UV Resistant Protector. Realistically all of these will eventually fade if left in the sun, the premium just lasts a lot longer before fading in the sun. The Regular version has been fine for me on my last two trucks. I've always used Access tonneau covers and both beds were still shiny (if not quite as glossy) when i traded them in. The only spots I lost some of the luster were where I actually hauled construction materials and such regularly.
Good to know thank u

Users who are viewing this thread