5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Bed storage setup

blacksheep37

Reaction score
Just curious as to what everyone carries with them for emergencies, etc.

I have a set of BuiltRight panels in the bed. So far I have a bag with jumper cables, a wired impact driver for tire changes on one side with two empty bags waiting. Then there's a Denver Multi-tool strapped to the other side. A rescue shovel, recovery rope and fire extinguisher will soon join the multi-tool.

What else would you add?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always carry spare boots, portable jump starter, leather and waterproof gloves, hunting knife, water, 12’ recovery strap with a 2” shackle hitch, heavy jacket and two flashlights besides the tire chains, snow shovel and tire changing breaker bar with three different sized sockets for different trailers lugs.
After reading this I need to get a air compressor onboard.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score

blacksheep37

Reaction score
I always carry spare boots, portable jump starter, leather and waterproof gloves, hunting knife, water, 12’ recovery strap with a 2” shackle hitch, heavy jacket and two flashlights besides the tire chains, snow shovel and tire changing breaker bar with three different sized sockets for different trailers lugs.
After reading this I need to get a air compressor onboard.
The problem with the portable jump starter is remembering to keep it charged, and then putting it back in the truck!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The problem with the portable jump starter is remembering to keep it charged, and then putting it back in the truck!

Use your phone set a reminder once every 2-3 months to charge it. I keep one in one of the floorbins every 3-4 months I give it a charge even though it still has a charge on it lithium ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawkmsa

Reaction score

I have a set of BuiltRight panels in the bed. So far I have a bag with jumper cables, a wired impact driver for tire changes on one side with two empty bags waiting. Then there's a Denver Multi-tool strapped to the other side. A rescue shovel, recovery rope and fire extinguisher will soon join the multi-tool.

What else would you add?
Got a pic?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use your phone set a reminder once every 2-3 months to charge it. I keep one in one of the floorbins every 3-4 months I give it a charge even though it still has a charge on it lithium ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly what I do. Recurring task to charge it every 3 months. Morning reminder to charge it, evening reminder to put it in the truck. So far it's saved me 3 times because my wife keeps leaving my bed lights on.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am tempted to put the jump starter in the ram box plugged in and just tap the 120v turn on button once a month

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I have a bag with jumper cables, a wired impact driver for tire changes on one side with two empty bags waiting.

What are you planning to plug the impact driver into for tire changes? Hopefully not the rams outlets?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not everything is stored in the bed but I carry:
  • Tow strap
  • Rachet tie-down straps
  • Jumper cables
  • Tire plugs
  • 12 volt Air compressor
  • 4-way lug wrench
  • Tool bag with tools and hardware like zip ties, electrical tape, etc.
  • Tow drawbar with spare hitch pins
  • Various hitch locks
  • Flashlights
  • First Aid Kit
  • Gloves
  • 3 Spare loaded magazines
  • 1 extra box Federal HST 9mm

Hawkmsa

Reaction score
I'm jealous, I have the 6.4 bed and they haven't produced any front panels for my bed size. I've asked multiple times and they said there's not enough interest so I only have the rear panels.

mikes911

Reaction score
I'm jealous, I have the 6.4 bed and they haven't produced any front panels for my bed size. I've asked multiple times and they said there's not enough interest so I only have the rear panels.
Me too. Same inquiry and answer given. I'll still get the rear panels soon though.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

What else would you add?
6 inch tow strap and clevices

Users who are viewing this thread