5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Bed Slots

rick619

Reaction score
My previous truck was an F150 with a nice spray on bed liner, nothing yet for the Ram. I had a 2X6 cut for the similar slots and it's too short (only by an inch or two). Just checking to see if it fits put some new scratches back there. Since 2X6's are now more expensive than they used to be, anyone have a good solution for what to put there? Also I used to have a back flip bed cover to protect from the rain and haven't gotten one yet for the Ram. So anything suggested that's inexpensive and won't damage the paint?

Probably get a back flip or other plastic tri fold eventually. I do have a plastic bed mat that I put in there if I'm hauling anything, but take it out when I'm not.

TruckBed.jpg

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2x6 cut at the same angle as the bed. The bottom of the slot is narrower than the top on the RAM. I then duct taped the edges so I didn't scratch the bed up. It still leaves marks as it is a truck bed, but it's not destroying the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread