5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck bed plastic removal

Duran

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the two side plastic pieces atop of the bed amd the 1 on the tail gate. Im looking to remove mine samd em down and hit them woth rhino liner.

They're held on with plastic clips which are integral to the part. My truck has the rambox, so I have no idea if you can release the clips from underneath the bed rail. If you can't you'll probably break at least a few of the clips when you remove them. The caps aren't that expensive to replace. Each piece has an MSRP of about $40. And just to help you find it, the tailgate cap is actually called the tailgate spoiler. Found that out the hard way LOL.

They're held on with plastic clips which are integral to the part. My truck has the rambox, so I have no idea if you can release the clips from underneath the bed rail. If you can't you'll probably break at least a few of the clips when you remove them. The caps aren't that expensive to replace. Each piece has an MSRP of about $40. And just to help you find it, the tailgate cap is actually called the tailgate spoiler. Found that out the hard way LOL.
Thanks . I was wondering what they were called. Fortunately i dont have the ram box. Good to know they arent running 100 a piece . Imma have to go grab a couple cans of liner and dig into it today. Ill be sure to post pics.

While cutting the outside skin on drivers side, called box-side left, to replace it, I found there are clips under the top rail and between the inner and outer skin. After I cut away the sheet metal I was able to poke a screwdriver up to release the "hidden" clips.

FYI
I do not know the procedure but mine was removed and reused by a body shop, the tabs that are accessible appear to have grease on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back