5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck bed mat removal

breeves2245

Reaction score
Not feeling it on the truck bed mat. I have the Tuff Coat spray-in liner and the mat is more bother than anything else. Collects sand/mulch loads under the edges and just not really needed. Can someone tell me if the four screws across the very end of the tailgate are original screws? Do they screw down flat? Mine have a collar under the head and don't screw down to flush.

What would be the best filler for the holes I had to drill in the tailgate for the smaller screws?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 4 screws at the top of the tailgate are similar to the ones you have with the liner, only shorter. The mat comes with longer screws to replace the factory ones without a liner. There isn't really much you can do with the smaller screw holes other than installing a pan head screw. The head is small and rounded enough that it shouldn't impact sliding loads in and out.

breeves2245

Reaction score
Thanks. After posting the question I went back and noticed the screws in the middle of the tailgate. Figured I had saved the ones I took out a year ago. Sure enough I had them in a plastic bag labeled. Nice when it works out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread