5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Bed Cargo Divider - Included?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What parts are needed to turn it into a bed extender? I have a Limited on order with BUG.
Your build list doesn't include Ramboxes. The bed divider only comes with the BUG if you are also getting the Rambox option.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I have a 2021 "Bighorn" Built to serve unit built in November but not shipped till May. I have the divider and it is very nice. I also got the bed extension pieces on Amazon to make it work. I'm thinking it was one of the ones being held up until the chips came in.

It does not show the divider on the window sticker, but does show it on the build sheet.

It's actually pretty slick and easy to use once you get the hang of it. The extension could be handy in the future although I can't think of any specific use right now.

slatersan

Reaction score
I ordered the ALTBET Box Handle and Grommet Kit Fit for Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Replace 68054996AA 68054997AB from Amazon for $45. This contains the 2 each of the 68054996AA and 68054997AB (4 pieces total) that are needed. Installation time was 10 minutes total. You can get genuine Mopar parts from your dealer, but they were around 2X as much -- as these parts are so simple I was fine with after-market. NOTE: My truck has RAM Boxes; I haven't checked to see if this works on non-RAM Box trucks.

These parts say they aren't to be used on the DT trucks that we have. I have heard that this is because the divider can obscure the tail lights from some angle when used as a bed extender. Or maybe the tail lights are obscured somehow when the tail gate is down? I didn't notice any issue on my truck. Maybe others can comment if they have seen a problem. In any case, using the bed extender seemed much safer than leaving the tail gate down and only relying on tying down my cargo.

Here is a nice posting showing how the parts are used: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/multi-function-tailgate-bed-extender-not.21570/post-311652
nice find. Wasn't aware of aftermarket options, just the $90+ Mopar pegs. So stupid.

ben b

Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread