5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip Odometer reset

JRR33

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question to some of you BUT, I cant figure out how to reset the Trip Odometer on my 2021 Ram Bighorn. I asked the sales manager and the service department. After them trying for an hour, they couldn't figure out how to reset it. They plan to call someone on Monday and ask how or if my truck has an issue (no codes).

In the mean time... HELP! lol

JRR33

Reaction score
Left side steering wheel "OK" center button, hold till it resets. Pretty sure.
We tried that. We can reset gas milage but not the trip od. Crazy. Maybe my new truck has a bug/gremlin. Lol

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We tried that. We can reset gas milage but not the trip od. Crazy. Maybe my new truck has a bug/gremlin. Lol

Just to make sure, are you in the trip screen when trying to reset? The trip screen needs to be on the center of your instrument gauge screen. Use the up and down arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll to that screen, it should be just below the mpg reset screen. You have an A & B trip, you need to use the left and right arrow keys to cycle between them, press and hold the OK button to reset to zero.

Jako

Reaction score
Just to make sure, are you in the trip screen when trying to reset? The trip screen needs to be on the center of your instrument gauge screen. Use the up and down arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll to that screen, it should be just below the mpg reset screen. You have an A & B trip, you need to use the left and right arrow keys to cycle between them, press and hold the OK button to reset to zero.
Nice detail!

JRR33

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have that in the menu on the L side of the gauges... interesting.

JRR33

Reaction score
Ok, got a call from the dealer. I was told to reset everything back to factory. Low and behold the trip odometer appeared in the gauge menu. It wasn't there before. Not sure how or why it wasn't. I haven't had the truck long enough to play with any settings yet. lol I was able to reset the trip odometer....yay. Thank you SD Rebel...without your post, I wouldn't have know I had missing icons. I have a lot more that I did before.

Jako

Reaction score
Wish you the best of luck setting up your screen to your desire and satisfaction, there are a lot of options of what is displayed. Took some time on my part to figure it all out, new to the technology.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Ok, got a call from the dealer. I was told to reset everything back to factory. Low and behold the trip odometer appeared in the gauge menu. It wasn't there before. Not sure how or why it wasn't. I haven't had the truck long enough to play with any settings yet. lol I was able to reset the trip odometer....yay. Thank you SD Rebel...without your post, I wouldn't have know I had missing icons. I have a lot more that I did before.

Absolutely, glad its working correctly! There are tons of cool things you can do with your gauges, like setting up digital readouts in the center for your oil, coolant, tranny temps & oil pressure. Current gear indicator (off by default) Eco mode which shows when you are in MDS 4-cyclinder mode, also off by default.

NOTE - This happens to everyone, you will find yourself stuck in a low gear and it won't upshift, you freak out and stop. Turn off the truck, then turn it back on and all of a sudden it's working again. The reason for that is on the lower right side of your steering wheel, there is a the gear limiter control (- & + buttons). What will happen is that you will be sitting at a stoplight, accidentally press the (-) button and lock your tranny in 1st gear.

You can tell you turned this on by looking at your instrument gauge, it will show the gear you limited your tranny to, just to the right of the PRND symbols on your instrument cluster. You can turn this off by pushing the (+) plus button until it cycles past 8 (i.e. 8 speeds), or anytime you shift your truck out of drive or turn it off.

TAK

Reaction score
Absolutely, glad its working correctly! There are tons of cool things you can do with your gauges, like setting up digital readouts in the center for your oil, coolant, tranny temps & oil pressure. Current gear indicator (off by default) Eco mode which shows when you are in MDS 4-cyclinder mode, also off by default.
Sorry if this is a dumb question to some of you BUT, I cant figure out how to reset the Trip Odometer on my 2021 Ram Bighorn. I asked the sales manager and the service department. After them trying for an hour, they couldn't figure out how to reset it. They plan to call someone on Monday and ask how or if my truck has an issue (no codes).

In the mean time... HELP! lol
If I may add my experience ...same thing happened to me. However I found out by accident that you have to go to the Favorites Menu and make sure the trip is checked. By doing so it will then be in the left menu bar. Now when you want to clear you just toggle to the trip icon hit ok then toggle left or right to select A/B and then hold ok and it clears.

Users who are viewing this thread