5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip computer info not accurate?

dphel27

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 19’ Ram Laramie yesterday with a 8.4 nav uconnect. I’ve only got 337 miles on the truck and noticed while opening the nav app, under information for the trip computer it says ( distance travelled: 10482 mi ) w/ an average speed of 85mph. The build date for the truck was 3/19. Is there something that I’m missing? I haven’t elected to reset the trip computer yet. Wanted to check to see if anybody’s ran into this before.

Thanks

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People are saying the Nav is turned on at the factory so depending on where you are located, it travels by train so 85mph sounds about right for a train.

Put some details in your signature so we know what you have and where you are located.

GeorgeHorns

Reaction score
Could it be displaying in metric? 85 km/hr is about 53 mph. My 1500 changed from displaying miles to displaying in km on its own. I have't checked the settings yet so my 1500 is still displaying metric. I rely mostly on the analog dial which shows both metric and imperial.

Users who are viewing this thread