5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trim Removal Kit

JRD

Reaction score
I was looking to get a quality metal trim removal kit for an upcoming project, when i noticed the market seems to be saturated with plastic chinese kits.

what do you guys have in your garage? anything you'd recommend or like to share?

thanks in advance

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was looking to get a quality metal trim removal kit for an upcoming project, when i noticed the market seems to be saturated with plastic chinese kits.

what do you guys have in your garage? anything you'd recommend or like to share?

thanks in advance
Don't use metal to remove trim. 0 reason to and can/will mar it.
What trim are you going to be doing?

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I have a metal one from Matco, Snap-On...I also have plastic ones from Matco, Snap-on, and HF. The HF ones are 10000% as good as the ones 4x times the cost and better for the RAM than the tool wagon ones. They bend and deform long before the tool truck ones do and dont mess anything up.

Reactions: JRD

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Front end trim for starters, then bed light install
This is one of the sets I have and use most often.

The top 2 ones on the second page of the listing I use very often. One is like a half moon shape which works wonders the next one is like a door wedge and is very very strong.
The half moon one is the only one I found can remove the rear view mirror trim in like 10 seconds without breaking anything or sending parts flying

You can gut the case and shove others in too.

That set is ok but not a very large selection. I found a handful of things that they don't work with. Good starter kit though.
These also work great for cleaning Teflon pans with stuck on food too lol.

Users who are viewing this thread