5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmisson

Gail

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2020 Ram Limited that I purchased 9/2020. This is my fourth Ram. The other day the truck would not shift out of first gear. I had to pull over put it in park then drive and it was fine. I have read that others have experienced this and I could have hit the manual gear selector. Assuming I did not hit the selector. How many others have had this problem? Also when would you use the manual gear selector? Thank you. FE73B4EA-4713-480A-9CBE-04C10F53FE21.jpeg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haven't heard of that but a trip to the dealer sounds in order...

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's only happened once, I wouldn't freak out out about it. I've hit the manual button once accidentally when turning quickly and it did the same thing. If it happens multiple times, I'd take it in.

The gear limit buttons can be used to keep the trans from hunting between gears or to use engine braking when going down hills. It's most useful for towing. People also use it to keep the MDS from kicking in.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome.. I agree if your questioning if you hit the selector I wouldn't make yourself nuts until it happened again.

Awood05

Reaction score
Welcome. I would agree with the above comments.

Users who are viewing this thread