5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission temps

Borman06

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 21 ram 3500 with a 68rfe transmission. I notice that the cooling fan is almost always on once I've been driving for a while. I also notice that my trans temp is almost always between 200 and 220 without towing anything. I asked the dealership if this was normal and they are saying that it's fine. I have my doubts, so I wanted to ask you all. Thanks for any feedback.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 21 ram 3500 with a 68rfe transmission. I notice that the cooling fan is almost always on once I've been driving for a while. I also notice that my trans temp is almost always between 200 and 220 without towing anything. I asked the dealership if this was normal and they are saying that it's fine. I have my doubts, so I wanted to ask you all. Thanks for any feedback.
Probably have better luck asking on the HDRams.com forum. This forum is for 5th Gen Rams which are all 1500s that have the 8hp70/75 transmissions.

Users who are viewing this thread