5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer hitch cover

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surprised how my current plastic one has lasted.
And will replaced it with a recovery shackle once i buy a lock. From rhinoUSA althought i heard its not actually be made in the US

Attachments

• 20230718_203006.jpg
    20230718_203006.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230718_203145.jpg
    20230718_203145.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 34

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WeatherTech bump step....with stainless anti-theft pin. $89.00 for step + $20.00 for pin.
It's a shame we need locking pins for hitch covers. I've never had one stolen, but someone took one my wife had on her Explorer.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People steal Christmas decorations! Nothing is off-limits anymore.
Yeah, you're right. A couple of years ago one of my neighbors caught two guys trying to steal a nativity scene out of the front yard. Well, they didn't physically catch them... As they started picking up the pieces to load in their minivan, the Ring camera went off and the guys carefully placed the pieces back, hopped in their van and drove off. Interestingly, the house sits a couple of hundred feet off the road, so it wasn't like they could jump out and grab it. Oh, and they weren't kids, they appeared to be well into their twenties.

llando88

Reaction score
I got rear ended in May, so I decided to try and be a little more visible

I put an inexpensive light there, since we aren't towing a travel trailer these days. It comes on with the truck lights, and also with the brake circuit. Plug goes into the 4-way, I ran the cable up behind the bumper, but had to get a 12" extension to get it to reach. Just zip-tied it in place, it is very lightweight.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a tennis ball...
Stays there until the dog wants to play.
Now if I could just get her to put it back!

Users who are viewing this thread