5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded my 2019 for a 2020

b1pig

Reaction score
Early last summer, I traded my 2015 Ram 1500 for a 2019. I ended up getting lied to by the sales manager, who had interrupted the actual sales guy I was working with. I ended up buying a truck that I wasn't happy with. I figured I'd keep it. I kept it long enough. Got sick of the start/stop crap. Hated it. The "new fuel efficient" truck with the 3.24 gearing (that I didn't want among other things) got worse gas mileage than the 2015 3.92 that I had. In the time I've owned the 2019, it only went into eco mode when coasting or going down hill. The 2015 would go into eco mode on level ground and some slight inclines up around 70 with no load in the bed or a trailer. Sometimes faster. I think that helped out the fuel economy a lot more than the auto start/stop. The throttle and brake response was also harsh... abrupt. Not fun at all when driving in town.

Yesterday, I found what I wanted... and could afford. The Rebel package is above my financial ability. But, I found a Longhorn 4x4 with the Level 2 package, cargo package, heated seats, 20" wheels that I prefer and ... tow mirrors. I will finally be able to see better around my boat! YAY!

Long story short, I absolutely love this truck. No auto start/stop bull in this one. Front and rear parking sensors. 3.92 gearing. 4x4. lighted bed. Cargo tie downs... Dang I'm happy with this one. I almost hate to admit that I like this one better than the 2015 I had... and I loved that truck a lot. The only thing I wasn't satisfied with on that truck was it was 2wd. That was it. This 2020, though... dang I like it.

Using one of the dealership's photos, because all I got right now is the one I have at home after I signed all the paperwork... because the dealership brought this one to me.... at my house.... 2.5 hours away. This deal almost didn't happen. In the end, the dealership went the extra mile. This makes vehicle #4 I've purchased from them.... well the first one at THIS particular dealership ("sister" dealership. second location)... but man they worked it out.

Now that I have the one I want, I can move on with my life and quit looking at what's for sale. LOL.....

1583209017785.png

1583209042831.png

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread