5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade in 2016 F150?

What route to go?

• Keep current F150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep current F150, buy extended warranty

• New F150

• New Ram

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • New Sierra

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

ero2

Reaction score
So, my 2016 XLT FX4 is out of CPO warranty and it looks like I can no longer purchase the extended warranty due to mileage. (Verifying that for sure.). With the issues I have had listed below, I am a little wary of keeping the truck without any type of warranty on it. Would you be?

With that said, I'm looking at potentially trading it for F150, RAM, or Sierra, but have analysis paralysis due to reading way too many reviews, forums, concerns, etc. Any thoughts?

Door handle recall issue happen twice where I've had to drive 30 min to work holding my door shut
Windshield wiper/turn signal control arm go out, causing the wipers to stay on, on a dry windshield to and from vacation in FL. (Could have pulled the fuse, but rains so much en route and in Florida that I didn't want to stop and put fuse back in every 10 miles.)
Rear window defroster went out last week, whole rear window replaced.
Rock Chips rusting through the bumper (Not so much warranty, just frustrating)
Got in after not driving it for 2 weeks after having surgery, wrench icon came on, "auto start stop motor is dead". Dealer is trying to cover it, but It's "outside" the transmission so technically doesn't fall into powertrain coverage.

Just traded in my 18' 150 XLT Special Edition for 20' Laramie Quad. Had the warping dash, rattling doors(extended cab) and 3 times frozen door lock. Ford replace dash TSB went better than expected actually sounded quieter than when new. Of course tech forgot to hook usb hub different tech took it apart and 2nd time around not so great. Dash seemed uneven and creaked like crazy. Dealer refused to replace and Ford never responded. Door locks was the icing on the cake to get rid of it. Took a equity hit of course but I had just over 25K so I could afford to. Leasing my Laramie as I wasn't sure long term what I wanted to do. Extremely happy except some minor paint chipping. Again a lease so my OCD won't be has concerning.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but honestly, when my lease is up I'm going back to GM. I had a 2014 silverado that was perfect, simple truck with no frills but it ran great and was very reliable. I love the look of my truck and the power of the hemi, but FCA has pissed me off to the point that I'm probably not coming back for a while.

Get out of the fords, either get a basic ram without a million things that can go wrong, or get a gmc/chevy. That's my 2 cents.

I tested a GM Elevation before my Laramie lease. Exterior is so sweet but the inside and 5.3 is a downer. Made the mistake once with exterior likes on my SE 150 wasn't going to happen again. For the Elevation price you can get a nicely equipped Laramie/Hemi combo that can't be beat. I'm no brand loyalist all about the best value going forward for me. Once my lease is up I could be looking a the new Tundra and won't count out Titan either, till this date my 2006 Titan snapped necks like no other I've owned or tested.

I tested a GM Elevation before my Laramie lease. Exterior is so sweet but the inside and 5.3 is a downer. Made the mistake once with exterior likes on my SE 150 wasn't going to happen again. For the Elevation price you can get a nicely equipped Laramie/Hemi combo that can't be beat. I'm no brand loyalist all about the best value going forward for me. Once my lease is up I could be looking a the new Tundra and won't count out Titan either, till this date my 2006 Titan snapped necks like no other I've owned or tested.

I actually really like the look of the new pro 4x but seems to rate pretty poorly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back