5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction Control Light

Tyoung

Reaction score
Have a 2019 1500 with 40K miles and this morning the traction control light came on soon as I started the truck. I noticed the light that normally is lit up that I’m in 2 wheel drive wasn’t on either. Thought okay I’ll run it out to the dealership but when I started out of my driveway it wasn’t shifting and RPM’s stayed up. So much for driving it to the dealership. Any thoughts?

Have a 2019 1500 with 40K miles and this morning the traction control light came on soon as I started the truck. I noticed the light that normally is lit up that I’m in 2 wheel drive wasn’t on either. Thought okay I’ll run it out to the dealership but when I started out of my driveway it wasn’t shifting and RPM’s stayed up. So much for driving it to the dealership. Any thoughts?
My 2 year old (at the time) would not come out of first gear. I let it sit for a few hours and it resolved itself for 2 weeks and than I had more problems. It was the battery. There is a thread about battery issues.

How old is the battery? Best wishes on resolving any issues.

Last edited:
Below is part of an email to "Ram Cares". Battery was the issue.
This in response to posts 552 and 553 from https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/page-28

As far as the "not coming out of first gear" a member on the 5th gen forum had a similar problem (POST 335659) and was resolved with "the tech found a split PCM connector pin". This by far is my biggest concern and I am not sure how readily it can be diagnosed and resolved. Other people have complained on "carcomplaints" with not coming out of first gear. Intermittent electrical issues are probably the hardest to diagnose. We have had some heavy rain in the previous days and I do not know if this correlates to the issue. Driving habits and use has not changed in the two years of ownership, no off roading, towing or heavy loads. For the most part it is a "pleasure vehicle".

In addition to not coming out of first gear the display stated:
1. Service Electronic Stability Control
2. Service Trailer Brake System
3. Park Sense Rear Braking Assist Off
4. Service light was on (not sure if engine or traction control)

I went out an hour or so later and the situation resolved itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back