5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPS staying on. Has one of my sensors already failed?

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
I've added air but my TPS keeps telling me I'm low. It appears the sensor "square" isn't lighting up.
20221102_142854.jpg

Rupp

Reaction score
I've drove about 7 miles after airing it up. I hope these last more than two years :)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your photo looks like they are all low. Maybe you should add some air and see if the message goes away? At least, eliminate the obvious before assuming there's a deeper problem.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They all look low, you need to pump up the rears up to 36 psi for the light to go away.

Once your air pressure drops below the low range, usually 5psi or so below the recommended pressure, in this case 36 psi down to 29 psi or so, you will get an alert.

However, the alert will not go away until you get the pressure back up to the recommend psi, in this case 36 psi. They can drop again 3-4 psi without the alert going off, but once triggered (5 psi or more low), you must go back to the full psi recommendation, even 1 psi less won't reset the warning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online