5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS system problem

cuda75

Reaction score
So I put Rebel wheel takeoffs on my 2019 Ram Tradesman a few weeks ago. I got a set of new sensors but got a light on the way home from work. It picked up three of them but the left rear wouldn't pick up. The next day it switched position and now the right rear not picking up, day after that the right front. Tried disconnecting the battery for abit but still didn't work. Drove for a week thinking maybe it just needed some miles but nope, still not picking up one sensor. So I started with 40 psi in every tire and deflated 10 psi each drive to map out which sensor wasn't picking up, found the left front was the culprit. I swapped out the L/F wheel with one of my originals and within a block the light went off and all were reading perfectly. Ok, so had to be a bad sensor, ordered a Mopar OEM sensor and had it replaced. Well, on my way home from work the light came back on again. What are the chances i have two bad sensors? The tire shop I work with doesn't have a scan tool for them so I guess I'm going to have to find someplace to check it out. I've done alot of searching and everything I find says the system automatically picks up the sensors and no need to reintroduce new sensors. I must be cursed when it come to these things because I've had three vehicles with TPMS and every one I've had problems with, just assume to turn it off as I check my tires regularly. I'm also thinking of having them break down one of my original rims and swap sensors but wanted to be able to swap out rims easily. Anyone having any ideas on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online