5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Question

mzflorida

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited 3.0 Diesel that I just purchased (love this truck!). I'm still learning all of the features, maintenance, etc., and am new to FCA vehicles. The rims and tires are stock and have TPMS installed. I adjusted the tire pressure to the recommended 32 PSI measuring that with a very accurate tire pressure gauge (accurate to <+/- .50%...I'm an avid motorcyclist which is why I have this tool). I confirmed tire pressure is 32 PSI using more than one gauge and they are all pretty much spot on. However the TPMS on the screen is showing 36PSI. Is there a way to calibrate the TPMS here at home? Thank you!

Jedi9

Reaction score
I have no idea, Is it reading 36 when cold?

mzflorida

Reaction score
Hello everyone. It appears as if the TPMS sensors self calibrate over time as you drive. They are just about spot on now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long did it take them to self calibrate?
Mine are still 2-3psi higher after 5 days of driving
Should be good by the second time you drive the truck. Just rotated my tires last week. First drive after rotating and the pressures took a few miles to sort out, but the readings were switched for front/rear. Next time I started the truck, they had corrected themselves to proper position

mzflorida

Reaction score
How long did it take them to self calibrate?
Mine are still 2-3psi higher after 5 days of driving
You know, I don't know exactly how long it took. 4 days passed before I checked again so I don't know. I'm guessing but I'd have to imagine it's more of a mileage driven than time thing.

Users who are viewing this thread