5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS ITM Not working after new wheels and tires from Custom Offsets

suspchaka

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins. I got a set of Fuel Vapor 18x9 with Nitto 35x12.5 tires from Custom Offsets and added the TPMS sensors to the order.

The truck isnt seeing them. I took it to Discount tire and they used their scanner tool and werent successful getting them to work. I called custom offsets and was recommended taking them to a tire shop and basically doing what I had already done. They asked if the shop was able to program ITM sensors and I said I dont know, so just to make them happy, I contacted a second shop, and brought the truck down and had the same results. I was going to just swap the OEM sensors to the new wheels but with the Covid stuff going on, they said they arent doing any kind of work thats not emergency. Ok...

So I order an ITM Sensor Aid scanner/programmer, and I was able to scan the ID of an OEM sensor and write that ID to the new ITM sensor... annnnd that doesnt work either. The new ITM sensors in the wheels they shipped me max out at 60PSI and I know the OEM go over 80psi so Im pretty certain they didnt send me the right sensors. Its sunday, so I cant call them back with my new info until tomorrow.

Anyone been in a similar boat or have an idea what I might be missing? Thanks!

Attachments

• 968220-8-2019-2500-ram-tuff-country-leveling-kit-fuel-vapor-matte-black.jpg
    968220-8-2019-2500-ram-tuff-country-leveling-kit-fuel-vapor-matte-black.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 69

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out this thread

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

NJC1684

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins. I got a set of Fuel Vapor 18x9 with Nitto 35x12.5 tires from Custom Offsets and added the TPMS sensors to the order.

The truck isnt seeing them. I took it to Discount tire and they used their scanner tool and werent successful getting them to work. I called custom offsets and was recommended taking them to a tire shop and basically doing what I had already done. They asked if the shop was able to program ITM sensors and I said I dont know, so just to make them happy, I contacted a second shop, and brought the truck down and had the same results. I was going to just swap the OEM sensors to the new wheels but with the Covid stuff going on, they said they arent doing any kind of work thats not emergency. Ok...

So I order an ITM Sensor Aid scanner/programmer, and I was able to scan the ID of an OEM sensor and write that ID to the new ITM sensor... annnnd that doesnt work either. The new ITM sensors in the wheels they shipped me max out at 60PSI and I know the OEM go over 80psi so Im pretty certain they didnt send me the right sensors. Its sunday, so I cant call them back with my new info until tomorrow.

Anyone been in a similar boat or have an idea what I might be missing? Thanks!

It's a very common occurrence when purchasing from these aftermarket companies. I believe the OEM sensors sold on eBay/Amazon are about half the cost in which they charge you as well.

saturn298

Reaction score
I have a set on my truck from custom offsets with no issues, and this is my 2nd set. They had to of installed the incorrect sensors especially if the scanner cant pick them.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
I bought my wheels from Custom Offset but purchased OEM sensors on ebay and tires from tire rack. Had everything installed at a Firestone dealer, all went fine. I agree it's the sensor Custom Offset gave you, which sucks.

buntei11

Reaction score
Hey There,

Currently looking at buying a aftermarket set of rims and tires that are off a 2020 F-150. Curious if anyone knows if the TPMS sensors are compatible or will they need to be changed out to a OEM Dodge sensor?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey There,

Currently looking at buying a aftermarket set of rims and tires that are off a 2020 F-150. Curious if anyone knows if the TPMS sensors are compatible or will they need to be changed out to a OEM Dodge sensor?

no and thats not the right bolt pattern. Ford is 6x5” and GM/Ram is 6x5.5”.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the info, they are a duel bolt pattern Fuel rim with the option of 6x139.7 but if the sensors won’t work no point in buying them. Thanks again.

I always forget the dual patterns.... even though I own a set lol.

Users who are viewing this thread